~12: Stars make up~

BC of how long the last chap was, this'll be slightly shorter than usual.
~
Kailua and Lo'ak navigate the first steps of first love.
~
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0ypdkGuQnq83SSSw5JmJzU?si=0e835beedee847af
Happiness, Married in Vegas & Call on me
~

The first few weeks of their relationship went great. Kailua had insisted on keeping it quiet for a while just so they could enjoy it privately. Lo'ak was more than happy to oblige, not yet ready to tell his family yet. They would hide their affections from the prying eyes of siblings and friends throughout the day and sneak away at night under various excuses.

"I'm going to meditate. I'll be back later," Kailua would say as she kissed her father's cheek.
"I'm gonna practise my swimming. I'll be back later," Lo'ak would say as he tore out of the hut.

When those excuses wore flat, they made new ones.

"I'm going to hunt for some more daisy anemone mama. Is there anything else you want?" Kailua would ask. She would bring back everything her mama asked for, but only enough to please her for the night.
"I'm off to practise my archery, sir. Can I be excused to come back after eclipse?" Lo'ak would ask. Jake would hesitate, while Neytiri would be grinning.

It was a bit rubbish that they could only meet in the evenings or very early mornings, but until both of them were happy and comfortable in their relationship, it would have to do.

They hit their first month together and Kailua was practically frothing at the mouth. She'd spent the last week in her moon pool, only leaving in the evenings to see Lo'ak and at odd intervals to eat. She'd been crafting a seaglass necklace for him and an akula tooth knife. When her asshole (another word she'd been graciously taught) brother had left Lo'ak outside the reef and on akula breeding grounds, he'd lost his knife in the process. Poor thing. He'd nearly died then; and that was when Kailua had helped him with his ribs.

She had whacked her brother with a stick that night.

She hid the necklace in her top and replaced her knife with the akula one to cover it as well. "Mama, I feel a vision coming on. May I be excused to go and meditate for a while?" Kailua asked. Ronal paused in eating her fish. "That is the third vision this week, Kailua. I doubt the great mother is communicating with you this much," Kailua rolled her eyes. "If it's any conciliation, one of the visions showed me what my little sibling is, if you would like to know?" Mama's eyes lit up and Kailua knew she'd won.

~

She giggled softly as she laid on Lo'ak's chest. He rubbed her shoulder softly as they stared at the stars in the sky. "I used to do this back home. Watch the stars," He said softly. "I'd climb to the tallest tree and just lay there," He took another sip of the drink Kailua had brought along. It was a bit naughty, but what the eywa? "What is this again? It's nice," He asked. "Yovo fruit juice mixed with utumauti skin," She answered, taking a sip herself. "We usually only have it on large feasts and celebrations, but we had some spare from the tattooing of my brother and I a little while ago,"

She sighed. "It goes bad in a few days anyway. My mama can't drink it, and my father will not drink when my mama can't. So, more for us," She took another sip, shutting her eyes as the warm liquid buzzed through her head and into her veins. She felt Lo'ak take the cup back and drink some more. "You know we're gonna be hanging tomoro, right?" He mumbled by her ear. Kailua snorted. "You might be. You forget," She summoned the liquid to dance in a line by her hand with a smirk. "I can do this. Which means, I can invalidate the liquid from affecting me long term," She put the liquid back in the cup.

"Wait, really? You can actually do that?" He asked. Kailua shrugged. "No idea. Just felt cool to say," Lo'ak scoffed as he shoved her shoulder. Kailua laughed. She shoved him back, smiling widely when he laughed. "You've got a nice laugh!" She giggled. "You need to laugh more often!" He turned to face her with his beautiful amber eyes. Then, he ruined it.

"You need to laugh more often," He mimicked.

Kailua kicked his leg and turned away. "Oh, nah, I'm sorry. Don't turn away from me!" He laughed from behind. Kailua stayed firm.

At least until he grabbed her arm. Kailua rolled onto her stomach, bringing him over her back. He yelped; she laughed. She swung herself over in a circle and sat on his legs. She pinned his arms to his sides with a grin. "I'll turn away from whoever I want," She grinned. He grinned back. "Oh can you? Since when?" He asked. Kailua leaned further down. "Since I'm stopping you from moving," She whispered.

With a grunt from Lo'ak and a yelp from Kailua, he swung them over so he was pining her down. "That worked well," He teased. Kailua stuck her tongue out childishly. When Lo'ak threw his head back in a laugh, Kailua reached up and kissed his lips. With a short gasp, barely audible, Lo'ak turned back. She stared into his eyes unflinching.

He leaned down and kissed her back softly. Kailua kissed back, not breaking the seal. She leaned against her elbows and propped herself further up. Lo'ak leaned on his palms placed just above her shoulder, inches away from her face. "Are you sure?" He asked breathlessly. Kailua huffed as she sat up. "Are you sure you wanna do this? I don't wanna feel like you're being forced to," He gently caressed her knee.

Kailua rolled her eyes and poked his shoulder. "If I didn't want to make out with you under the stars, believe me, you'd know," She settled into his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck loosely. He wrapped a tight arm around her waist, the other balancing them both. "Now kiss me, assface,"