CH 84: HINDSIGHT

"Now that everyone has calmed down. Can we now think and plan this all through?" Levi spoke. "Let's say we've rescued the Eldians in the internment zone... Then... We'll go after Y/N, is that right, Hange?"

"Why? Are you having second thoughts?" Magath replied but Levi ignored him.

The Scouts commander sighed. "Let's try not to trigger another argument." She replied. "And you're right, Levi... That's the plan."

"That sounds so easy." Jean butted in. "You guys still think we can go fight that giant?"

"There has to be a way—"

"For fuck's sake." Jean interrupted Armin. "Is that your favorite line? 'There has to be a way.'" Jean mocked Armin. "Then what is it?! When and how can we figure out what the fuck is that 'another way' for the millionth time you're saying? It's been years, and you're still saying that."

"Then, any idea that enters your brilliant mind?" Connie eyed Armin.

Armin clenched his teeth as he hesitated to speak. He then slowly and anxiously looked at Eren. "I... To be honest... I agree with Yelena." He finally said and he quickly lowered his head and avoided everyone's gaze.

His statement sure left a few gasps from the group. Wide eyes now darted on him.

"You got to be kidding...!" Eren shouted. "You really want Historia or my child to be put in danger, don't you!?"

"N-No...! B-But!!" Armin tried to appeal. "It's the most possible way we can get to Y/N—"

"We're not turning them into titans!!" Eren interrupted. He had made it clear that he won't let anyone harm his family, and he couldn't understand why Armin brought up the idea again. 

"Then I guess you have a better idea, Eren Jaeger." Magath argued. "You don't actually think you can beat the Founder with your titan... do you?"

The furious man then clenched his teeth and his eyes darted to Magath as if he wanted to kill him. "You better shut up! You useless general." He groaned as he couldn't answer the general's question.

The Scouts commander sighed, again. "All right... Enough of this. For now, let's get the Eldians in the internment zone and rescue the Marley resistance in the north. They might give us some information about everything that's happening in Marley and that Tybur."

"What the fuck are you trying to do, Y/N!?"  Eren, as angry as he's been, thought to himself. "Didn't you even realize that Historia and my daughter would be put in danger!?"

**********

"What will you do after we've rescued our family?" Porco, who was sitting on the ground, asked the short-haired woman sitting beside him, leaning on a tree. They were meant to take a rest before they leave at dawn but all of them seemed to find it hard to even close their eyes and be at ease.  Fortunately, the teenagers had fallen asleep after the chaos not too long ago. The fire where Hange was cooking earlier has died out and the air was thick with the scent of burnt leaves and wood. "Are you going against Y/N?" Porco added.

"I don't know." Was all Pieck could reply as she's been lost in her thoughts ever since the rumbling happened.

A few moments of silence passed by. As eerie as it was, they could hear the loud sound of the branches creaking as the strong wind blew as if a storm was about to come.