CH 12: FEMALE TITAN

The day after tomorrow.

You, Eren, and Mikasa are waiting for Armin and hoping to see Annie with him.

Eren: You think he can convince her?

Y/N: Yeah... Trust Armin. He's good with playing minds, though.

Mikasa: There they are.

The three of you looked at the street ahead.

Eren: H-Hey... Annie...

Eren tried his best to smile.

Y/N: Dammit Eren.

Armin: Let's keep going.

The four of you began to walk together.

Y/N: Why is no one saying a word?

Y/N: G-getting away was... easier than I thought... huh, Eren?

Mikasa: Shhh!

Eren: Y-yeah... I was in the carriage the whole time, but they didn't check on me at all...

Mikasa: Shhh! And stop looking around so much.

Eren: It gives you a good idea of how seriously the great MP takes its job. I mean, no offense, Annie.

Annie: It's fine.

Y/N: Anyway, Annie. Thank you for helping us.

Annie: So... If I hadn't helped you, how were you planning to get past the wall?

Armin: We were going to break through using our maneuvering equipment.

Annie: ...That seems absurd. Wouldn't it have been a lot less trouble to escape before entering Stohess District? Why here and now?

Y/N: Shit...

Armin: I thought that the switch with the body double wouldn't work without terrain as complex as the city. Acting obedient for a bit to wear down their suspicions and then slipping away seemed like it'd buy us more time than openly trying to run.

Y/N: T-that's convincing... right...?

Annie: ... Oh... All right, then.

Y/N: Tch!! Though...Why... is this even happening... Does it... really have to be Annie? She's... a friend... everyone in the 104th is...

You all now reached an underground entrance.

Armin: Ah...! Here it is!

Annie's eyes widened.

Annie: Here?

You all began to walk down the stairs

Armin: Yeah... we're going through here. These are the ruins of the planned underground city. They lead all the way to a spot near the outer door.

Eren: Really? Wow...

Armin: Yeah. It's much safer than walking above ground.

You gasped when you didn't see Annie beside you. You looked up and saw her still outside.

Y/N: Annie?

Eren: What's the matter with you...? Don't tell me that you're afraid of narrow, dark places?

Annie: ... I am. I'm scared... I doubt a brave... Suicidal blockhead like you... Could ever understand the feelings of... A feeble maiden like me.

Y/N: Come on...

Eren: There's nothing feeble about a maiden who can flip a huge man like Y/N 360 degrees through the air.

Annie: No. I'm not going. I'm scared of that way...