CH 29: SECOND CHANCE

"Kenny. Not long in the future, this world will be ruined... I want to create a paradise for the surviving, waning remnants of humanity. You believe in violence, do you not?"

Your father's memories kept replaying in your mind. Having those dreams felt like mental torture to you. Even the smallest details of his memories were making their way into your head. Being around your friends won't make you feel better. No matter how they want to help you, they still can't because you are not planning on telling them about those dreams, yet, or maybe you can't, and you wonder, "Why can't I just tell them?" even you don't know the reason why, you got so ignorant and naive that you didn't think it was that big of a deal at that moment "Hmm, it's fine. It's probably for the best." was all you could think as an excuse.

It was nightfall when you told Mikasa that you were gonna head out for a walk and loosen up, she wanted to go with you but you ask her to let you go alone which she, of course, said yes. You were currently in an open field and you can see the twilight on your side about to disappear. You've been walking for a while now but you were not planning on going back to the farm anytime soon, the last thing you want to do is let your friends see you with that miserable face of yours, and also, you were trying to avoid them for the reason of forcing you to rest, thus going to sleep. "I need a break. Can I have one night without having my father's memories? I mean I'm happy to know and gather information but... I can't handle remembering it all in just a short period and then analyzing each one of them. My head is gonna explode!!"

In the middle of your thoughts, you snapped when you heard a gun click behind you. You could feel it pressing to your head. "Don't move." You heard a female voice, your eyes widened, but you did your best effort to remain calm. "Oh shit... who's this bandit?"

Y/N: What do you want?

The woman slowly walked in front of you while still pointing the gun in your head. "You're Y/N L/N, right?" Your eyes widened as you see a short hooded woman but you still saw small glimpse of her dark untidy hair. She was wearing a blouse and long skirt. The both of you stared at each other trying to read what was on each other's minds. You jolted a bit when something crossed your mind. "This is odd... so is she not the typical bandit in a secluded place like thi-

Lady: I need your answer right now.

You didn't break the eye contact. "Who are you?"

The gun remained pointing in your head then she raised and showed you her other hand. "You see this?" You gasped, despite the darkness, you were sure it was blood you saw there. "You know what this means right? Now, answer me."

You sighed. "Dammit!! Can she transform into a titan!? You're right, I'm Y/N. I assume you are friends with Reiner..."

She rolled her eyes trying to avoid your question. "Follow me if you want to end this night peacefully." You did what she said and follow the dark-haired woman.

Y/N: Where are we going? Are you bringing me to your hometown or something?

Lady: Awe, stop with that delusion. I just want to go somewhere safer than this open field.

You smirked. "Does behind a tree would suffice you?"

She gave you a death glare. "I'm suprised that you could relax like that. It was not something I expected you would be."

Y/N: Hmm. Why would I not? I'm just walking with a totally harmless woman, right?

You saw her clenched her teeth, "Keep dreaming."

You chuckled. "I guess playing around would help me live another day... If this didn't go well... I'd be dead long before my friends find me, or worse getting kidnapped again."