CH 31: TRUST

Historia: What? No... We can't let him go.

Historia's reaction almost surprised the people inside the room.

Hange: Why not?

Historia: B-because... it's too dangerous. Actually, I got a theory on why he's been acting different lately... I think, those things that he wants to do, it's not his own goal or will... The memories he's been seeing have been affecting him...

Levi narrowed. "...huh?"

Hange: *gasped* What do you mean?

Historia pursed her lips. "I hate to say this, but we all know he's not looking good after he got his power. That's why I thought maybe something like the King's ideology made him do what he's doing right now.

*Silence*

Zackly frowned. "Is that so..."

Levi: So you're saying that he's under mind control? Does it really happen? I thought the ideology doesn't affect because of the Ackerman blood?

Hange: I dont know... but just like what the former royal inheritors, they couldn't act or do what they wanted. But, Y/N's case is different, he was being forced to do something and not being stopped. If that's what Historia mean.

Historia: But it's just my theory...

Levi: So, what should we do about it, Erwin?

Erwin: *thinking* I'll allow him...

Historia gasped. "Wha..."

Hange: Wait, Erwin. This is not something we can decide by gambling.

Pixis: We only have him and Eren. So, handing Y/N to the enemy, I don't think it will do us any good. We're also running out of soldiers to send on a mission. We're not that powerful to just give up one of our aces to the enemy.

Zackly: Also, hasn't it crossed your mind that maybe he's working with the enemies and turning his back on us...? No?

Levi: That's not something he will do.

Zackly: Really... How sure are you? Didn't he say that he met with an enemy recently.

Levi: I just know...

Zackly glared. "You just know... Hmm. But even if we don't allow him, can you stop him?

Hange: That's the real question. Seems like he already got it planned out. We have to restrain him if possible. I don't think he'll just sit and listen when we tell him our decision.

Erwin: If I won't be able to see the outside world... I should at least send Y/N as soon as possible, I want him to tell me everything before I die... That's the real reason I want to send him off. But, putting the people inside these walls in danger for that dream... I guess I'll just settle for the information we'll get from Eren's father... but...

Levi glared at Erwin: What should we do now, Commander Erwin?

Pixis: If we restrain him, does it mean he will not participate in the recapturing mission? I mean, he has powers that can take down the enemies...

Hange sighed. "Right. But if we let him go with us and go near the enemies. He might just snap and head to them in an instant."

*Silence*

Erwin closed his eyes and think hard for a while. "Fine. We'll restrain him. is there anyone who's against this decision?"

Zackly: Fine by me.

Pixis: For the people in these walls.

Levi: I hope you know what you're doing, Commander.

Zackly: I'll trust the Garrison and Military Police in keeping him in check while the Scouts are on the mission to recapture the wall.