CH 46: FALSE PROMISE

"We made it back alive!! Our beloved home town!! Liberio!! We're home!" Gabi shouted as soon as we got out of the train

"Gabi... please, I told you not to yell. Oww." Colt begged, placing his hand on his head. "And I've told you not to drink so much, lightweight." Porco scolded as he helped him walk.

"Who let you have liquor, Colt?" I asked while helping Pieck with her crutch. She smiled. "Colt looked like he wanted some."

"And he played right into your hands, Pieck... I can't believe he actually vomited all over the train." Zeke said.

"We should have shut them up last night..."

"Quiet now"

"What are you planning?" Gabi then leaned in on Falco who was acting anxious the whole time.

"Eep?" He gawked.

"You keep glancing over at me. It's annoying. What is it? I'm reporting this to the unit as a possible sign of rebellion."

"Huh!? Hey, whose fault do you think this- Mf...!" Falco retorted, his face turned bright red, and glanced at Reiner.

"Huh...? Whose fault is it?" She asked. Falco blushed even more. "It's yours, Gabi." I teased.

"Pfft! Just look at what you've done to him, Gabi!" Carlo added to the teasing.

"Hunh!? I didn't do a thing to him!! What are you even talking about!?" We all laugh trying to tease them more.

Here we go again, heading into the internment zone with piercing stares coming from every Marleyan we pass by. The gate opened. The families were standing on the other side waiting again for the brave children to enter.

As soon as we step into the internment zone, everyone started to greet and hug their relatives. I stood and watched as the families share the joy of homecoming. "I... I'm envious..." I admitted.

"What's wrong, Colt? You look pale!" "Both of you... I'm so glad you're safe."

"Gabi, they said you did an amazing job fighting for Eldia."

"Did you hear?" She asked her father.

"Yeah"

"It was a little dangerous though..."

"But your bravery saved many lives. We're so proud to have you as a daughter... I'm sure you'll grow up to become the greatest warrior of all."

"Yeah... I'll try."

And that's what they do... encourage their children to go to war...

"Reiner, you must be tired. Come home and rest." Karina greeted.

Reiner gave them a warm smile. "I think I'll do that."

"Come on, this way. Ugh, can't you even walk straight?" Koslow grunted. I turned my head to the side and saw injured soldiers queuing being led by him. I walked towards them when I saw Falco heading there, too.

"Are those injured soldiers, Mister Koslow?" He asked.

"Hm? Stay out of my way, brat. These are Eldians who have suffered psychological trauma. They have no one to care for them. So they're gonna be treated at this hospital."

"Even in this country?"

"That's what happens when you spend too long digging trenches. You live long enough with bombs and bullets whizzing by... like.... fwoo~~ KABOOOOM!!"

The loud noise he did made the injured and traumatized soldiers fell to the ground and some started screaming in fear. "Fucking ass."

"C'mon, Koslow... Knock it off." Said the other officer.