𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

꧁꧂

One night, as the sun died down, Alysanne was dressed in black, pulling a cloak over her, putting the hood up. She opened the door to find Ser Jarak in utter confusion. Before he could even utter a word, she spoke, "Do you promise to keep this a secret?" He nods. "Would you like to assist me in doing something incredibly stupid and dangerous?"

"Anything to keep you from death," he spoke, his usual sternness showing.

She smiled and nodded, dragging him outside into the tunnels. He followed like a loyal knight. "Where are we going?"

"Into the common folk," she smiled.

He was a little bit shocked, but mostly expected it from the princess. He asked no more and followed her, the pure-hearted princess, and her knight.

She observed drunkenness, poverty, and people starving. She recognized the whorehouses, brothels, but she kept walking. She heard a cry from a woman pleading, and she could tell it wasn't good. She quickened her pace into an alley.

Two men held a woman up, no younger than 19. She fought against the men. Alysanne watched for a moment as she dug her teeth into one of the man's arms, trying to take off her dress.

"Jarak, get them," she had tears in her eyes for the woman.

He acted immediately, and the man holding her up was lying dead on the ground, blood pooling around him. "Don't kill the other one," like she asked, he held the man like a trained dog.

Alysanne walked towards the woman, kneeling to get to her level. She didn't know how to act; the girl was sobbing. "Hey, it's okay. They can't hurt you now." The girl's sobs grew louder.

"What do you want from me? Why did you help?" the girl managed to say through her cries.

"You needed help, and I was there," the girl finally looked at Alysanne, her eyes widening in surprise. It was the princess.

"What's your name?"

"I am Clara Feller."

Alysanne looked down at the cuffs on her wrist; she belonged to a whorehouse. "I am Alysanne Targaryen. How would you like to work for me?"

"What do you mean?"

"I know you don't enjoy your life in a whorehouse. How would you like to work for me?" She smiled at the confused Clara.

"I'd do anything to get out," she saw hope in Alysanne.

"These men tried to take something you didn't offer them. Would you like this one to die?" Alysanne was calm, so calm it even freaked Jarak out, but only she knew the fury she felt at this moment.

Clara looked up with a grin, hope in her eyes. "Yes."

At command, Jarak plunged his sword into the man's chest, killing him instantly.

The three of them walked out of the alley and into the whorehouse that Clara belonged to. She brought them upstairs to the owner.

The door creaked open, and Clara walked in first, then Alysanne, then Jarak. The woman looked ready to yell, but she quickly shut up when she saw the princess.

"How much would you sell this girl for?" The woman laughed.

"Sell? Why do you want her?" The woman's voice sounded like a smoker.

"I have my reasons," the woman rolled her eyes.

"10 golden dragons," the woman laughed as the princess paid, practically throwing the money on the desk.

Clara didn't know what Alysanne wanted from her, but anything was better than a whorehouse.

Clara and Alysanne sat down together on some chairs nearby. "As you know, my mother's claim to the throne is being challenged. By Otto and alicent Hightower I wish for you to spy on my family."

Clara was shocked. "What would I have to do?"

"You'd be a maid. I'll get my grandfather to pass it through you. I just want to hear the things the queen talks about and for you to do some digging. Don't worry; I'll protect you from anyone suspicious of you." Clara knew this was going to be easy now. "Great, when will I start?" she smiled. "Tonight, I'll sneak you into my room. Sleep there;  don't worry you will not be disturbed my maid Sereya is my friend. She will not tell. I will go to my grandfather tomorrow."