𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

High valerian will be italics
꧁꧂

In a dimly lit room, Rhaenyra was holding her baby, rocking her back and forth. The door opened, and Daemon came in. "My brother is coming tomorrow to see Alysanne with the queen," Rhaenyra sighed. "Can we have a day to ourselves for once? I haven't seen you at all since the birth. I miss you."

Daemon sighed; as was true, both of them were busy. "How about tomorrow we take a few hours on the beach until my brother arrives?"

"That sounds like an amazing plan." They both knew their duties could wait. She smiled and leaned into the chair she was sitting on.

Alysanne was in eye reach, picking up stones up the beach and attempting to throw them. Rhaenyra and Daemon laughed at their daughter. Her hair was coming in surprisingly fast, her eyes had opened as well. Her hair was silver blonde, and lilac-colored eyes. She was also getting bigger.

"Come here tala, (daughter)." The young girl turned around and crawled over to her father. Alysanne loved her father; he was her favorite person. He picked her up and held her, pretending to take her nose. She giggled every time he did.

"I still don't get why she likes you more than me," Rhaenyra sighed. "I'm happy about it." Daemon really was; he loved his child more than anything. "Still, I was the one to push her out."

"Don't worry; your time will come where she likes you more than me."

Daemon stood up, holding his daughter, and they all took a walk around the beach. Alysanne often pointed to things for an explanation of what they are.

"Her egg still hasn't hatched; I'm afraid it will turn to stone," Rhaenyra raised an eyebrow. "So she will claim one from the dragon pit if not." Alysanne was messing with her father's collar as they spoke, flipping it around and smiling. "So, will be the best rider in the family, isn't that right?" He threw his daughter up in the air, and she giggled.

Rhaenyra shook her head, about to tell her husband off when a guard interrupted them.

"Sorry to disturb, but the king is coming closer."

"That's fine, thank you. You may leave."

"Is our peaceful day coming to an end?" Daemon sounded disappointed.

"Unfortunately."

It was time for Alysanne to meet her grandfather.