𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

꧁꧂

"The screams of Princess Rhaenyra echoed in the halls. Alysanne was sitting on a chair close to her mother; her father had already learned his lesson when Alysanne was born: stay quiet.

Alysanne watched her father's fingers get crushed; she felt bad for him, but she was also glad that wasn't her.

With one final push, the princess was born.

"It's a girl, your grace," the maid announced.

Rhaenyra finally let go of Daemon's hand; he looked at her in shock. "That hurt," he said. Rhaenyra glared at him. "Oh, boohoo," he laughed. Alysanne was already up, looking at the baby. "What will you call her?" Rhaenyra and Daemon looked at each other. "Don't know yet," they shrugged.

"Okay, how about I name her?" Alysanne smiled. She thought about it and agreed, "Okay, you're Daena," she smiled at her little sister.

The afterbirth and cleaning of the baby were taken care of, and Rhaenyra was in her chambers, holding Daena, when a knocking was heard. "Come in." Alysanne came in with her maid, Sereya. "How are you and Daena doing?" Her mother got déjà vu of Rhaenyra and her mother when she was pregnant. "You don't have to worry; we're both fine," she looked at Daena's face. "Did I look like this?" "Yes, why?" "So I was an old man then?" Rhaenyra laughed at her daughter. "You know what? I can see it." Sereya stood behind Alysanne, messing around with her thumbs.

"Sereya, want to see?" Alysanne sounded excited, and Sereya lit up. "Can I?" Rhaenyra nodded, and she got close, waving to the baby. "She's cute."

𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫