𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐜𝐬
꧁꧂

"Are you feeling well?" Alysanne's eyes snapped open and must have given her mother a confused look because she gave her a worried one . "You have been very quiet today. Are you ill?"

"No, I am alright." Alysanne looked down at the tunic her mother put her in, black with foe dragon scales. "Mama, can I go on the hunt?"

Rhaenyra's face lost all color. "No, sweetie, you're too young. Maybe when you're older. For now, stay with me." She knew her mother wouldn't budge on this, so she pouted and fell back into her chair.

Before any further conversation could be made, the wheelhouse came to a stop. They all exited; her father got out first, followed by her mother, and then her. They walked towards the massive red tent, where her uncles and grandfather were waiting, along with her aunt and the queen.

⁂❥✫

Alysanne sat close to her mother, watching the men get rounded up. Her father and uncle Aemond went together. She was just sitting there, obviously bored, but her mother had been talking to ladies for a while now—maybe she could make her escape.

She weaved through lords and ladies, trying to stay out of her mother's sight. Once she made it out of the tent, the cold air hit her, and it was quiet as well, apart from the now muffled chatter of people back inside.

She went to the woods where everyone on the hunt heard men shouting, but she went the other way, off the tracks. She didn't want her father or uncle finding her; they would kill her.

She had walked through a few thorny bushes, making her legs scraped and bloody, but she didn't mind; she actually was having fun.

While walking, she felt hands on her back. "Look what I've found." It was a man's voice, and she couldn't even see him, but he certainly didn't care if others found him. "Now, who are you?" He turned Alysanne around and smiled. "The angel, hmm. You'll go for a good price."

Safe to say, Alysanne was terrified. She started to scream, even when the man tried to silence her. She still screamed, biting his hand to get him away. He was bleeding from the force of her bite. "Bitch!" He tried grabbing her, but she stepped back and started running deeper into the woods. "There's not far you can go!"

There were tears in her eyes as she ran. When she hit something hard, she closed her eyes for impact. She didn't know what it was. When her eyes opened again, there were black scales that had red underneath them. She looked up; it was a dragon. It roared in her face, but she didn't move.

What she was about to do was one of the stupidest things she could, and she knew it. She put her hand out and waited. Soon enough, the dragon put his nose to her hand. She had a dragon.

She once again heard the voice of the man, but even he came to a stop seeing the dragon. Her dragon looked pissed.

Without any orders, her dragon lit the man aflame. Fire nearly catching her, it burnt her clothes slightly, but the man was nothing but dust.

She heard voices once again, the sounds of her father and uncle. When she looked up, both of them were rushing towards her.

Daemon had never felt so helpless or scared when he heard the screams of his daughter. He immediately stopped what he was doing and ran in their direction. But when he finally arrived, his daughter was next to a dragon? Both him and Aemond looked in shock.

"Alysanne!" He stopped in front of her. "You silly girl, how did you manage to get past your mother?" He hugged her. "You're okay now; I've got you." Alysanne quickly sobbed into her father's arms as her uncle stood in amazement; his dragon was no longer the biggest.

She had been carried back, her dragon walking behind them, seeming very protective of its new rider.

Once they were back at camp, Rhaenyra ran towards her brother and asked him if he knew where her daughter was. She didn't even get fully through her sentence when she saw the dragon, her husband, and daughter. "Daemon," her eyes were filled with tears and fear. "What happened to our daughter, and why is there a dragon?" Rhaenyra took her daughter and looked at her. Her once bloody legs had dried, and her top was slightly burnt, and she was sleeping.

"Bring me some water and towels." A maid carried them in, and Alysanne got cleaned up by her mother.