𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

꧁꧂

Now, four years later, Rhaenyra was ready to have another child. However, she wasn't far into her pregnancy, but she was in a meeting, so Alysanne decided to go to the orphanage in her mother's stead with Ser Jarak.

She and Jarak sat in the carriage with boxes beside both of them. Neither had spoken until it came to a halt, and Alysanne nearly fell forward from it stopping.

"Come on, princess, it's time," Jarak smiled and stuck out his hand for her to grab. She accepted his hand, and he grabbed most boxes while she knocked on the door. "Hello? Anyone in there?" Shuffling was heard behind the door until a middle-aged woman with graying hair stepped out. "Princess, we were expecting your mother to show up," the woman sighed. "Well, yes, but she is in a meeting right now. So if you don't mind, there's some stuff my mother wished to donate. Can I bring them in?" The woman stepped aside and opened the door fully. "Yes, princess, you may," she smiled as the princess walked in, Jarak following behind.

"There are many children here," Jarak put the final box down, and the woman turned to him. "Well, this is an orphanage." "I know. I don't get any rest with Alysanne, and I'm only her guard," he laughed.

In the other room, Alysanne was handing out toys to children much younger than her. "Here," she put a doll into a girl hands, she noticed she was her age and realised  her clothes and shoes were torn. "Hey, do you need new shoes?" The Alysanne meant no harm with her words. "Um... yes." Alysanne reached for her shoes. "Take mine, they'll last you a while." Alysanne smiled at the girl. "So, what's your name?" "I am Sereya Hunt." Sereya smiled. "I am Alysanne Targaryen. Would you like to be friends?" Sereya looked taken aback. "Princess, are you sure?" Alysanne nodded with a smile on her face. "Yes, oh, take this!" She reached for her necklace with a dragon on it and gave it to Sereya. "Give this to any Kingsguard, and they'll let you in."

After that, she and Sereya talked while handing out toys to the younger kids. "So, how did you end up here?" Sereya stopped moving. "It's fine if you don't want to tell." "No, no, I'll have to. My mother died of a disease when I was young; my father soon joined her." She hung her head low. "I'm sorry; that's awful." Alysanne was shocked. How could someone so young lose both of their parents? They both went into a comfortable silence after that.

"Princess?" Jarak opened the door, leaning on the door frame. "It's time to go, isn't it?" He shook his head. "Unfortunately, your mother will worry if you're gone too long." Alysanne stood up. "Bye, Sereya, see you soon!" She waved goodbye to the girl, and Jarak was confused. "What happened to your boots, princess?" "I gave them away," she said, walking in front of Jarak towards the carriage. Jarak could only sigh.

She had returned home barefoot, of course. Her mother was also confused and asked, and Jarak sighed as Alysanne told the story. "Well, isn't that nice," her father added. "I'm happy you did that, but not your own shoes," her mother smiled while speaking.

"Okay." "Now you have some time to practice with Perzys." "Thank you!!" She rushed outside towards the cave her father always let her spend extra time with Perzys since he was too big for a dragon's pit. They put him in a cave They tried putting him in there, but he couldn't fit When she arrived, she stroked Perzys. "It's been a while," she smiled. She got on him and practiced.

She loved the feeling of flying, being so high up. Rhaenyra says Alysanne and Perzys have a bond nobody could break, but the truth is they were bonded by fate, and the dragon knew it, but not the girl, not yet, anyway.

She landed and put Perzys back into his cave, saying goodbye. She ran back inside. It was getting dark, and Jarak would definitely be worried.

"Princess?" Jarak peeked behind the door. "Can I come in?" "Yes, you're always allowed in, you know this," he stepped inside. "Your mother has asked me if you want dinner?" She shook her head. "I'm not hungry. Tell her I won't be joining tonight. Tell my little sister hello from me," she smiled at him. "Okay," he walked out of the room, leaving Alysanne all by herself when she heard knocking only minutes later. "Yes?" "There's a girl with your necklace, princess. Do we let her in?" She smiled. "Yes, that's Sereya, my friend."

Alysanne had not expected to see Sereya yet, but the girl stepped inside her room in awe. "I'm happy to see you. Sit," she tapped the bed set to her. "I'm sorry for bothering you—" "No need. I told you to come whenever you like." Sereya smiled, gaining more confidence in her words. "Well, I thought considering we're friends now, I could become your maid. I'd be closer to you, and my boots wouldn't get ruined so easily." Alysanne thought about it. "I'll have to ask my mother, but I agree. It sounds fun." Alysanne stood up, going towards her mother's chambers.

There was a knock at Rhaenyra and Daemon's chambers. She yelled out for them to enter, and Alysanne walked in with a girl around her age, with dark skin and dark eyes, walking behind her.

"Mother, remember when I talked about Sereya?" Rhaenyra nodded, unaware of where this is going to go. "This is her, and I'd like her to become my maid." Daemon looked at Rhaenyra confused. "Sure, whatever you want, sweetie." Alysanne smiled and left but peeked her head in. "Can she have the room next to mine? It's empty anyways." The mother yelled, "Yes, we'll get her stuff tomorrow!"