𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐜𝐬
꧁꧂

Alysanne had quickly been deemed the angel of the family, and many liked her kindness. She would often wander off to give maids flowers. At just four years of age, she had everyone in the castle wrapped around her finger. She was good at talking in High Valyrian, apart from a few childlike mistakes in her speech.

She was cheeky, headstrong, and very quick-witted. even as a child, she made emotional choices to help people.

While her grandfather, mother, and father were in court, the doors slowly opened to reveal the little angel herself.

There were creepy people who often made comments on the princess, but would quickly cover up what they said with "when she's older."

She walked all the way to her mother and demanded to be lifted up. Rhaenyra agreed and put her daughter on her lap, letting her play with her necklace as court went on. The family tried to listen, but it was hopeless – even the king was looking at his granddaughter.

Two maids came rushing in, seeing her with her mother, as usual. "So sorry, Your Majesty. She took off running again, and we couldn't find her," the maids said with a thin layer of sweat on their foreheads.

"Trouble this one is..." Daemon knew it would happen – her love for him would balance out with her love for Rhaenyra, but he didn't expect it to happen this quickly.

She shook her head at her father. "I'm not trouble. I wanted to see mama." The toddler pouted and leaned into her mother as the hearts of everyone in the room melted.

"It's dangerous to wander off on your own, he's right," Rhaenyra sounded calm and collected every time she told her daughter that.

"Maybe you should get her a bodyguard," the king added, chuckling to himself.

"New friend?!" Alysanne was excited now, and they couldn't go back on their word.

The next morning, Alysanne still hadn't forgotten, and neither did her mother. She asked her father for some knights to round up. Alysanne was brought to the garden with Kingsguard among them.

She looked at them all. There was a bratty blonde boy, an old man, and to the left of them, she spotted a boy. His hair was long and brown, and he had brown eyes to match. He looked calm and was taller than most men. She chose him.

The little girl walked over to him, smiled, and he kneeled. "I'm Alysanne, what's your name?"

"Ser Jarak Bolton," the boy was around 11 years older than her, 15 she guessed.

"Would you like to be my friend?" She was still smiling at him, watching his heart melt.

"I'd love to, Princess." He was smiling as well now.

"Mama! Can he be my friend?" Rhaenyra was giggling at this whole situation. Alysanne was dragging the knight over to her mother.

"Very well, will you accept the position of personal bodyguard for Princess Alysanne, Ser Jarak Bolton?"

He was shocked to say the least. A boy like him, no titles, no relations to any major houses – just a good fighter – and this little girl chose him, and he was going to protect her.

To everyone's surprise, he agreed, "I swear to protect the princess, her secrets, and her life until I die."

The princess's smile was wide, and she quickly grabbed his hand and hugged him, to her mother's surprise. "I, Princess Alysanne, accept your oath."