Chapter 10: The Adventures Of Stella And The Two Explorers

Start from the beginning

"So, you've never had another girl in your truck apart from you mom? And what age are you, eighteen, right?" she teased, tapping her fingers off the car door.

He swallowed.

"I-I guess..."

"Sweet. I'm jumping in, alright?" she said, running over to the other side and swinging the door open. It creaked loudly, and Alex winced.

"She's a little rusty." he said as Kit slammed the door and put on her seatbelt.

"And she umm...might break down." he cringed.

She smiled at him.

"That's part of the adventure though." she said, eyes shining.

"Adventure, eh? So where do you wanna go?" he asked, his throat running dry because she was so close to her, that he could count her eyelashes.

"Surprise me." she said mysteriously, and Alex nodded.

"I know a place."

~

By the time he reached the pond, it was late, and Kit had actually fallen asleep against the window (he had found it difficult to keep his eyes on the road when a sleeping Kit was right beside him).

Surprisingly, she had said she liked Green Day, even singing along to Basket Case and Welcome to Paradise. For a girl who claimed she didn't like any music with heavy guitars and loud drums in them, he want quiet sure if she wasn't being one-hundred percent truthful.

He smiled as he pulled in beside a tree, turning off Stella slowly.

"Thanks for not breaking down Stell." he said, as he rubbed her dashboard tenderly.

Beside him, Kit let out a snore, and he chuckled.

He reached over and shook her gently.

"Kit. We're here." he said, and the blonde haired girl stirred, her eyes squinting open groggily as she tried to focus on him.

She have him one look, then rolled over, shutting her eyes again.

"Kit!"

"Alright! Alright! I'm getting up." she huffed, stretching her arms and jumping out of Stella.

"A pond? You brought me to a pond?he heard her yell as he jumped out and locked Stella up.

"No, I brought you to the pond. This is the pond of dreams and adventure." he said, smirking at her as she gave him a look.

"So what exactly are we supposed to do at this pond? Throw in a coin? Make a wish?" she asked, her hands on her hips.

Alex scratched the back of his head.

"Ermmm....not quite." he said.

"I was kind of hoping that we would, you know, dive in maybe?" he asked, raising his hands.

Kit gaped at him.

"No way! No way! I am not jumping into a freezing pond in the middle of the night with you! Are you crazy?" she blabbered, and Alex rolled his eyes.

"Well, you said you wanted an adventure. Is one of the explorers scared of jumping into a little pond?" he teased, and she narrowed her eyes.

"I am not afraid of getting wet--"

"Then prove it." Alex said, folding his arms.

And then, Kit Parker actually started to strip in front of him, starting with her jumper and then her shoes, socks and her skirt until she was glaring at him in her underwear and bra.