Chapter 3: Roller Rinks And Awkward Encounters

Alex

"So how was your first day of school, freshman?"

Alex rolled his eyes at the turquoise haired girl behind him as he passed a pair of skates to a little girl.

"Ah, stuff it Quinn. I'm not really a freshman." he said as he turned around and gave her a 'I'm not in the mood for your shit today' look.

She threw up her hands in a mock surrender, trying hard to hold back her laughter.

"Quinn, fuck off." he grumbled, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oooooh who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?" she trilled as she leaned against the shelf, her eyes full of mischief.

"Nobody. I just came to the conclusion that public school is full of arrogant pricks." he sighed as he turned up the stereo as Smells Like Teen Spirit started to play.

Quinn nodded.

"I know. That's why I dropped out, and you should too." she said brightly, but Alex shook his head vigorously.

"No way. Not after my Mom worked her ass off to put me into public school." he said. He respected his Mom a lot, and she respected him a lot too. They were already short of money as it was, and his Mom didn't even know he worked at the Rink to help her pay off their monthly rent.

"Whatever Alex, but I'm telling you, you're missing out. Oh, and by the way, Jack told me that you owe him for the pot brownies he gave you at the Underground last Saturday." Quinn said as she plucked a pair of random skates and tossed them to a guy that had to be only thirteen.

"Hey! These aren't even my size!" complained the kid as he sent Quinn a scowl.

"Do I look like I give a fuck kid?" she yelled back at him, and Alex scolded her.

"Quinn! Shut up!" he hissed before turning to the kid and taking the skates off him.

"What size are you?" he asked.

"Six." the disgruntled teen said huffily, giving Quinn a pointed look.

Quinn stuck her pierced tongue out at him and Alex went and fetched the right size. He tossed them to the kid, and he left, Quinn giving the middle finger to the kid's back the whole way to the Rink.

"What a little twerp. I'll show him--"

"You won't be showing him anything, Quinn." said Alex, wagging a warning finger in her face.

He turned around and faced the roller disco.

"Besides! The night is young and--Holy titty fuck what the actual frickety frack is she doing here?!" Alex groaned as a very familiar frizzy haired blonde walked through the beaded curtain, clutching the hand of a blonde haired boy with that horrible middle parting hair style.

"She? Whaddya mean she? You met a girl?" asked Quinn, a smirk on her face as she craned her neck over his shoulder.

"Oh shit! Oh fuck! Cover for me! She can't know I work here!" he begged as Kit and Cameron started to make their way towards the booth.

"Hmmm....I don't know. I think you can handle it yourself...."

"Quinn! I'm begging you!" Alex whined as he grabbed her by the arms and shook her in his grip.

She shut her mouth, the world's biggest smirk plastered on her face.

"Quinn please-"

"Alex?"