Chapter 7: Tuesday

Kit

She woke up with a smile on her face, which was a first for her. She felt light, her legs aching, but her mind spinning with a dizzy happiness as the memories from last night flooded her like a tsunami.

Euphoric.

She felt euphoric.

She pinched her eyes shut, remembering how her and Alex had skated around the rink together, hand in hand, yelling out lyrics that she couldn't quite remember anymore.

Alex.

A unfamiliar feeling washed over her body.

Alex had been different last night.

A good different.

His eyeliner had looked attractive instead of looking scary, making him look dark and interesting. His leather jeans were somewhat, cool under the purple and blue hazy lights.

Last night, she saw a side of Alex that she wanted to get to know a little better.

She jumped out of bed (five minutes before her alarm), frantically threw on a red miniskirt and a white jumper, tying her hair up in a ponytail like Sandy's from Grease, threw on her skates and left the house in a hurry.

The autumn air kissed her face, making her shiver, cursing herself for not bringing her scarf, when suddenly, a black cat dashed out in front of her, nealry making her topple over as it darted past her.

Mr.Tibbs.

"Mister Tibbs no!" she yelled, regaining her balance and skating after him, strings of incoherent words flowing from her mouth and into her quiet estate.

The cat continued to sprint, and she realised he was chasing something.

"Stupid cat." she grumbled as she brushed some loose strands of hair from her sweaty forehead.

Mr.Tibbs disappeared around the corner, and she cried out in frustration.

"Great." she sighed.

"Great."

~

Alex

He was buzzing on the way to school that day, which was a first for him. Stella was up and running again, and he was over the moon to have her back.

Her engine still sounded unhealthy, and she did still have a tendency to break down, but that wasn't anything new, and on the bright side, her tyres were brand new and shining, as was the new coat of paint Gabe had used on her.

He smiled as Sweet Child O' Mine started to play. Memories of last night swirling in his head like a blizzard.

She's got a smile that it seems to me

Reminds me of childhood memories

Where everything

Was as fresh as the bright blue sky....

He started to air guitar as he stopped at a red light.

Then something hit his window.

He jumped, startled, and then saw an egg splattered on window.

Anger washed over him.

Not again.

He rolled down the window, only to see Drew and his cronies sniggering from the other side of the road. The only one who didn't look too happy was Zack, who was shifting from foot to foot, his hands jammed into his Marigold High baseball jacket.