Chapter 9: Sunny Side Up

Alex

By the time Saturday rolled around, Alex was exhausted. He hadn't really slept properly since Tuesday night, due to the fact that he had been haunted by the memory of him sneezing in Kit Parkers face when she had actually made lip-to-cheek contact with him.

Trust him to completely screw that up.

Plus, Quinn's double shift had turned into him covering for her for the rest of the week because he "owed her big time."

So when he woke up to the sound of cat-calling and jeering from his window, he wasn't overly elated.

"Hey Gayskarth! We know you're in there!" jeered the all to familiar voice of Drew Evans from below.

"Really? On the weekend?" Alex grumbled, wiping his crusty eyes and stumbling to the window in his Batman pyjama shorts.

"There he is!" yelled--Cam?

Alex frowned, blinking rapidly, making sure that the blonde haired idiot standing outside his house was Cam.

And, was he wearing a Marigold High baseball jacket?

Only jocks wore Marigold High baseball jackets.

Since when had Cam been a part of the jocks?

He opened his window, the morning breeze making goosebumps spare on his bare arms and chest.

"Just leave me alone Drew, alright? It's the weekend. Don't you have anything better to do?" Alex yelled, shaking his fist out the window.

"Ooooh! Look guys! Sleeping Beauty has finally woken up and has come out of her tower!"

"I'm a guy, Drew!"

"You sure about that? 'Cause the last time I checked, guys don't wear makeup!" taunted Cam.

Alex blinked, surprised at Cam. He knew Cam didn't like him, but this was a little extreme, even for him.

"Yes they do! Proper rockstars-"

"Enough chat! Let the toilet papering and egging begin!" ordered Drew, and Alex gulped and quickly shut the window as eggs splattered across his window pane.

"Alex! What is all the shouting...." his mom trailed off as she stared at the eggs splattering on his window.

"....for." she finished, her eyes wide.

"Is someone egging our house?" she shrieked, eyes narrowing and hands flying to her hips.

"No mom-"

"So you mean to tell me that somehow, I don't know, how about alien chickens have landed on our roof and are pooping eggs like there's no tomorrow?!" she fumed, and Alex winced.

"Uhmm....I may have made some enemies at school...." he said quietly, shuffling uncomfortably from foot to foot.

His mom's mouth dropped open.

"Why didn't to tell me this before? Let mommy sort this out!" she huffed, marching towards the stairs.

"No! You'll just make it worse!" Alex complained, going after her.

He stared as his mom stormed down the stairs and swung opened the door.

"Alright boys! Its time for you to-gah!"

Alex watched in horror as about five egged flew through the space of the open door and landed in their hall.

Somebody wolf whistled.

"Gayskarth's mom is hot!"

"Excuse me?"

"Alright guys! I think they've had enough!" Alex heard Drew laugh as the flying eggs stopped.

He slid down the banister and walked slowly over to his mom, resting his head on her shoulder as she shook with rage.

"Mom, it's okay-"

"Why us, huh? Is it because we're not well off, Alex? Is it because you don't wear a fancy baseball jacket like them?" she demanded, tears glistening in her eyes.

Alex stared at their now empty and toilet paper covered lawn.

"It's because I'm not like them." he sighed.

He squinted as a strongly-built figure reappeared from around the corner, carrying a ladder, a bucket of water, and with a cloth over his shoulder.

"Oh no, he's going to drown us with dirty water!" his mom squealed, running behind him in fear, but Alex stepped out curiously, and watched as Zack Merrick slowly approached their front door.

"What do you want?" Alex demanded, eyeing the patch on his Marigold jacket.

Zack rested the ladder against the wall and put the bucket down at his feet.

"What Drew did was uncalled for." Zack said quietly, his face serious.

Alex raised an eyebrow.

"Oh?"

Zack coughed nervously.

"I want to help clean up." he said, pointing at the egg-stained windows.

"Do you trim hedges as well?" his mom chirped, coming out of the house and looking at Zack admirably.

Zack shrugged.

"Whatever you want Missus Gaskarth. If it will make you forgive my fellow....friends." he said, choking on the word friends.

His mom beamed at Zack.

"Apology accepted! Come inside for a sec and I'll make you a cup of tea. Alex sweetie, will you run in and boil up some water for us?"

~

Kit

When she woke up to the sound of her doorbell ringing five times a second, she groaned.

"God dammit Cam! It's only nine o'clock!" she hissed into her pillow and she groggily got up and trudged down the stairs.

He opened the door and saw Cam, beaming at her proudly in his new Marigold High baseball jacket that he had been flaunting all week.

"Hey Kit. Just reminding you that we're having a friendly football game with the East Coast Zebras tonight." he said proudly, his eyes shining.

Kit laughed, shaking her head.

"First of all, why are you carrying a box of eggs, and second of all, how can I forget about your first game when that's all you've been blabbing on about all week?" she asked, giving him a look.

He chuckled ran a hand through his messy hair.

"I had a little....errand I had to run this morning with Drew and the guys. And I know you remember, I'm just excited." he said, bouncing on the spot.

She laughed again and ruffled up his hair.

"So are you coming in or what? I have my Dexy's Midnight Runners vinyl on the player, and about five tubs of ice cream waiting to eaten." she said, and Cam raced inside.

"Dibs on the strawberry flavour!" he yelled over his shoulder as he raced into the kitchen.

"Not if I get there first!"

~

a/n: short n' sweet update (well it's not exactly that sweet) but hey hey hey three cheers for Zack being mister nice guy.

Cam is being super sly tho. uh oh spaghettio.

I think I'll update Run. soon. Idk.

I miss Necromancy :(

I HAVE A LAPTOP SO I'M VVVVVVVVVVV HAPPY AND IRELAND IS COLD BUT IT'S HOME.