48. Unexpected

Izuku listens to the voice of his mom on the line while he moves around his apartment packing a bag.

" Izuku, are you sure everything is ok? I'm surprised you wanted to come for a visit on such short notice."

He nods as he packs a small bag.

" Yes, everything is fine seriously. I just wanted to get a break from work and stuff and Kacchan is away so I thought it would just be a good time to head home for a quick visit.", he tells her leaving out the part about him feeling sheepish after his confession of love.

Inko is well aware of her son's famous boyfriend, she can't help but be considering her bright boy has chattered on endless about him since they had gotten together often sending her videos of his concerts and links to his songs.

"Ok, that's absolutely fine because honey, this is always home. I will see tonight after I get in from work. Love you."

He smiles at her always loving nature that he knows he inherited right from her.

" Yup. See you tonight!"

He ends the call looking at the device in his hand. It's been two days since he's been back and he and Katsuki have texted but have missed each others calls due to conflicting schedules. Izuku still feels a bit off since his visit with the blonde. He's been struggling with a lingering feeling of embarrassment that he just can't seem to get rid of.

His eyes drift to his boyfriend's contact in his phone. He knows Katsuki is nervous about what happened he can tell and tho he has reassured him that everything is ok he knows he isn't acting like himself either which is only adding the the blonde's worry.

He sighs as he mumbles to himself.

" Ugh this is silly, you need to get over this before it leads to a bigger problem."

He almost types a message but then he hears his apartment door open and the sound of a brightly happy Pinkett.

" Zuzu! You here?!"

He smiles right away making his way out to see her.

" Sure am. Just finishing up packing, thanks for the ride to mom's, I didn't really wanna drive Kacchan's car that far, I'm so afraid I'm going to do someone to break it, it's toooo perfect for that.", he laughs.

She smiles at him.

" You know he wouldn't care right? Like you could go out there and trash it completely and he'd totally be all " I'm sure my baby had a good reason for it extras! Fuck off!", she giggles.

Izuku grins with a light laugh.

" Yeah maybe but I still won't risk it."

She studies him closely seeing he still holds a look of tension in his brow.

" You doing ok sweetie?"

He meets her eye as he sits down on his sofa for a minute.

" Yeah, mostly. I mean I still feel like this is just hanging over us and I know he can sense that I'm not acting normal and I reallllllly want to act normal Mina, I do, this shouldn't still be making me feel so... so.. foolish? I dunno."

She sighs sitting next to him.

" It's only been like two days so it makes sense and him being away without a chance to talk face to face doesn't help."

Izuku nods while he bites his nails feeling his anxiety rise.

" Yes, definitely and with him sleeping most of the day while im at work and then preforming most of the night when I'm asleep isn't helping. We're texting but it's off, I know it is and I hate it. I really do wanna get past this and just move on, hoping a few days home helps just clear my mind."