11. Talking it Through

As Katsuki moves around his kitchen fixing dinner with expert hands there's a feeling rising up in him that he's fairly unfamiliar with.

Katsuki is nervous.

Even on the stage in front of large crowds when he's preforming he's not nervous, it's just not a feeling he's use to but right now he definitely is and cursing himself for it.

It's been a long time since he's cooked for anyone, since he's even wanted to and an even longer time since he sat down to have a talk about feelings and the possibility of a relationship.

While he's looking down into the pot of simmering ingredients, blonde brows furrow.

Was this a date? He guesses it could be seen as one of sorts since he's making dinner for Izuku. Did the pretty eyed greenett see it as one?? This new thought now kicks his already nervousness into higher gear.

He takes a deep breath trying to steady himself and his heartbeat just as the doorbell rings.

He tips back his whiskey glass quickly before he answers it trying to gain some liquid courage as he crosses the room taking one last deep breath before he opens it seeing Izuku standing there with his hands in his pockets and a soft smile.

" Hi Kacchan"

Crimson eyes stay focused on deep green ones that seem to always make him feel like he's drowning.

He clears his throat moving to the side to let the greenett in.

" Hey Deku, come in"

Izuku smiles wide walking through the door. Emerald eyes take in his surroundings.

Katsuki's apartment was bigger than his, with a fire place and a large window over looking the city, it was nice but, it was also somewhat bare. Obviously Katsuki had removed any pictures or things that might have been scattered around that belonged to his ex and never bothered to replace them.

The sight makes something in his heart ache. It seems so lonely, no wonder the blonde is down when he's shut up in here with the ghost of memories.

Katsuki's voice soon breaks him from his thoughts.

" I never thought to ask you what you like to eat so I kinda made a bit of everything."

Izuku turns around meeting his gaze with an ever bright smile.

" Everything? Wow I'm honored!"

Katsuki smirks rolling his eyes.

" Ok, maybe not everything. Curry, spicy version and not spicy, fried rice, Katsudon..."

Emerald eyes light up stopping Katsuki's words.

" You might not have known what I liked but you made it anyway! Katsudon is my favorite but I really wanna try everything!"

Katsuki smiles slightly feeling a sense of pride that he somehow made the greenett's favorite without even knowing it.

" Good, it's almost finished. You wanna drink or something?"

Izuku nods following the handsome musician into the kitchen.

The blonde opens the fridge peering inside.

" Beer? Water? Something stronger?"

" Beer is fine, thanks Kacchan"

The greenett takes the bottle and settles back leaning against the counter watching the blonde cook.

" You like to cook? You make it look so easy"

The blonde shrugs as he continues his work.

" I always liked to cook I guess. Always been relaxing to me and it's not that hard"