414.Crossed the Lines

Chanyeol's words seemed to be a slip of the tongue. At the same time, he seemed to be heartbroken that he had accidentally expressed his innermost thoughts. He suddenly clenched his hands and pursed his lips in silence.

Yeri's face was flushed red. There was joy and disappointment in her heart. She was happy that a handsome and gentle man like Chanyeol had feelings for her. Yet, she was disappointed that Chanyeol was someone else's fiancé. Moreover... she couldn't win over Lisa with Chanyeol's wealth. She could not bear to live a worse life than Lisa. The idea of surpassing Lisa had become her obsession.

"I'm sorry, I went overboard." Chanyeol felt uneasy. He looked carefully at Yeri and whispered, "I... I just couldn't control myself for a moment. Uhm... You won't blame me, right?" They had crossed the line just now.

"Chanyeol, what do you think I should do?" Even so, Yeri did not get away from Chanyeol's embrace. Instead, she held tightly onto the shirt on his chest. She showed a weak and helpless expression as she sobbed, "I don't know what to do. Do you know... Sehun... He's simply a bastard!"

Yeri cried helplessly. The fingerprints on her face made her look even more pitiful. She told Chanyeol that Sehun didn't inform her about his engagement with Krystal. Initially, Yeri wanted to make Chanyeol feel pity for her. However, she began to feel truly sad as she continued her story.

!!

Chanyeol was a good listener. As he looked at Yeri with tender eyes, he gently wiped her tears with a handkerchief. He tapped gently on the table in a strange rhythm and made a sound. Instead of being annoying, it was very soothing. Yeri felt like confessing more and more.

"How could Sehun treat you this way?" Chanyeol was extremely angry after hearing it. He puffed his chest and said angrily, "You're such a good girl. If you were my girlfriend, I would love to spoil you. He doesn't know how to cherish you at all. This is too much!"

"Chanyeol, I'm so sad. I'm heartbroken..." Yeri burst into tears. She said in a suffocating voice, "Sehun said that he would marry me. But in the end, he betrayed me... Is our relationship over so many years so fragile?" She seemed to be extremely sad. Her face was pale and her eyelashes were wet with tears. "Is it true that love will never win over benefits? Are all the men in this world untrustworthy?"

"Yeri, you have to believe me. Even if the whole world betrays you, I will stand by your side and support you." Chanyeol grabbed Yeri's hand and placed it on his chest. He was as solemn as he was swearing an oath. "You are different from other girls. I have never seen a silly girl like you. You have to trust that I will support you. I will not hesitate on anything for you."

"Chanyeol, you are so kind..." Yeri's face was flushed with sweetness. She looked up at Chanyeol and met his affectionate eyes. Chanyeol's eyes looked so charming as if they were taking her soul away.

Chanyeol's voice was calm and deep. His gentle voice moved Yeri's heart as he said, "Yeri, do you want to be with Sehun? Do you still love him?"

"I..." Yeri's eyes flashed with confusion. She looked at Chanyeol with infatuation and said hesitantly, "I want... I want to marry Sehun." She did not answer directly.

Chanyeol's lips curled into a mocking smile, but his voice was gentle. "Silly girl, you are too infatuated. It makes my heart break."

"Chanyeol, I feel very sad." Yeri grabbed Chanyeol's shirt without realizing it. Tears welled up in her eyes. "I love Sehun so much, but he wants to marry another woman. How could he betray me?"

"Yeri, you're such a good girl. How could Sehun not love you?" Chanyeol hugged Yeri tightly. He tried to convince her, "If he doesn't love you, then he's not worthy of your love. Listen to me. Can you give Sehun another chance?"

To give Sehun another chance? Yeri choked. "How could I? He doesn't want me anymore. He doesn't want me anymore."