Book 5 | Ch. 23 - The Echoes Scream Vividly

In an instant Royal sat up as if he wasn't weakened to the point of being bedridden, his emotions bland and monotone.

"I feel like my body is a water balloon yet my thirst is uncanny." I kept looking around finding my surrounding a little familiar.

"My my, young prince. You've grown so much compared to the last time I've seen you." A womanly voice echoed past my side before rounding my other ear.

Are you another commander? Your voice is strange?

"Indeed I am." Her answer was straight to the point without any stalling.

How did you-.. No actually.. Where am I?

I pondered only remembering fighting in the arena before I blacked out once Eric pressed my back.

"You're currently in a waiting room under serious condition." She replied with a slight hiss underneath her breath.

"Oh-.. So I was defeated. It must've been quite the one-sided battle." I muttered all depressed.

"Indeed so young prince, your battle against him was simply impossible to triumph over, past, or under. He's in a completely different caliber compared to you." She listed rather bluntly only stabbing my fragile ego at the moment.

... In the end you're right. It was foolish of me to even consider my victory in that scenario. Eric had everything planned since our fight. The destination, conditions, the actions taken. He's cunning and it showed.

"You're taking this rather well~, young prince." Her tone shifted acting surprised.

Well.. When I have the time to think about everything and how I could've done better, my best case scenario was to refuse the fight. It was too much to handle.

"... Young prince, may I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead." I spoke aloud for once finding no one nearby with my hearing.

"I find it absolutely perplexing that you haven't asked of our existence, nor why I've suddenly resided with you. Does it not make you... curious~?"

"Does that require an explanation? I thought you've all been watching me? I don't know this feeling.. But when I saw Ellen and Bay they felt like.. siblings."

"When I listen to your voice it calms my mind as if I've heard your melody before. You all feel like family to me for some odd reason that I can't understand, the only person I don't have that same bond with is that man in my dream."

The voice became silent before the symbol on my left leg radiated a violet hue. A womanly silhouette formed in front of me with the scent of the ocean coming off her body.

"I see.."

"Allow me to greet the young prince with proper attire~."

"Hello, my given birthright is 𝒜𝒹𝓋𝒶, 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝟥𝟢𝓉𝒽 𝒟𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇."

[𝒜𝒹𝓋𝒶, 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝟥𝟢𝓉𝒽 𝒟𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇]