23. Stuffed Bunny

Growing up, we were all attached to something or someone. Doll, stuffed animal, or toy. It was the most prized possession until lost in interest, many just grew out of things like that.

Chaeyoung had dolls she kept in storage due to their valueness, she never played with them since a child but the nostalgia feeling would make her visit sometimes. Chaeyoung wasn't very big on her childhood stuff, she would usually be with her friends and play outside.

Unlike Chaeyoung, there was one thing her wife loved. It was a black stuffed rabbit, the one that she gave her.

Jisoo's parents weren't around much since they were always working and her grandparents weren't the best people, things she had at her grandparents would be thrown away since they told her it was distracting her from studies. Jisoo never had anything there and hardly went home since her parents weren't there, she was basically living with her grandparents.

Her grandparents weren't the best, when they saw her with a candy or toy- Trash. A young Jisoo couldn't watch television, she couldn't leave without finishing her work, she couldn't even go home since nobody was there. It made Jisoo feel alienated from the rest of her family and trust me, they all weren't very keen of her.

It was 20 years old when Jisoo was met with the stuffed animal.

Many Christmases her parents would gift her money, which she would save. That was it. Jisoo was the one getting herself things she wanted. So when she spent Christmas with Chaeyoung's family, it was...different.

She sat on the floor with her girlfriend while the family watched Chaeyoung's cousins open their presents, the brunette watched as the small children's faces lit up in glee at their gifts. Jisoo smiled to herself before taking a sip of hot chocolate, something Chaeyoung introduced her to.

She wasn't used to the flashy lights or the many gifts, it was foreign to her still. It amazed her.

"Jisoo, this one's for you."

Alice reads and handed the brunette the box, the Kim looked at her confused since she was just a guest here.

"Are you sure?" Jisoo asked looking at the red and white polka dot wrapping.

"Is there anyone else named Jisoo?" Chaeyoung teased, peering over the girls shoulder.

Jisoo carefully opened the package as everyone now watched, she placed the wrapping underneath the box before lifting the lip up. Her eyes peered over seeing a black bunny in a suit, Jisoo looked up at Chaeyoung confused.

"A bunny?" The girl questions as she grabbed the stuffed animal.

"You like bunnies and I know you always wanted a stuffed animal." Chaeyoung smiles softly, "I got us a matching set."

"A bunny?" Jisoo questions looking down at the thing, what was she supposed to do.

"What do I do with it?" Jisoo asked confused, even children could laugh at her.

"It's a stuffed animal dear, you just sleep with it." Mrs. Park says patting the girls back, "although some take it everywhere with them."

"Everywhere?" Jisoo looks up at the lady, "it's a necessity?"

"Yeah!" One of Chaeyoung's cousins says, "you take it everywhere." They teased.

"Oh, thank you." Jisoo says to Chaeyoung before bringing the bunny close to her chest, if she needed to bring it everywhere then she will.

When gifts were finished being exchanged, Chaeyoung revealed to Jisoo the matching bunny but it was pink. A light pink with a white dress, one that complemented Jisoo's stuffed animal. The brunette sat on the couch watching TV with Chaeyoung's cousins while hugging the bunny,

"She's never had a stuffed animal?" Chaeyoung's grandmother asked, while placing the freshly baked cookies in the jar.

"No, her grandparents didn't allow stuff like those." Chaeyoung answered helping her grandmother.

"That's sad." Chaeyoung's aunt spoke, "didn't her parents have a say?"

"They were always working." Mrs. Park answered, "the poor girl had a panic attack just seeing Roseanne's room."

"Oh Jisoo! Wanna come play with us?" One of Chaeyoung's older cousins walked into the house, the younger ones rushed out to play in the snow.

"Okay." Jisoo placed the stuffed animal besides Chaeyoung's.

The two bunnies hands touching as Chaeyoung's slumped against Jisoo's.

"Get ready to get defeated!"

Jisoo was met with a snowball to the face, she could hear Lisa's laugher. The Kim wiped the snow away before walking over and tackling the girl to the ground,

"Hey Jisoo! Wanna battle?" The two friends saw the kids smirk, one of them already forming a snowball.

"CHAEYOUNG!" Jennie shouted since she was walking over towards the house.

"Coming!" The blonde's voice was heard, "what are you-" stopping at the front door seeing her friends and family standings in front of each other.

"Wanna play, Park?" Lisa asked, "these little twerps think they can beat us in a snowball fight."

"Oh, well..." Chaeyoung trailed off walking over towards them, "I guess we go down together."

"Haha! Losers!" Lisa taunts them before a snowball hits her face.

"Charge!"

Jennie grabbed Lisa's coat and used the girl as a shield, Chaeyoung and Jisoo threw snowballs over at the kids and laughed at how Lisa was Jennie's human shield.