18. Animal heart

Animals, who doesn't like them? Most people in the world love them, but only dogs or cats. This wasn't the case with Chaeyoung, she LOVES all animals.

Her parents were always annoyed by the many animal documentaries they had to watch, Chaeyoung was determined to know everything about all animals. She would watch many shows and even sing some songs about animals, "Eye Of The Tiger" was to blame since her father always played it.

Chaeyoung would occasionally play the melody on her guitar while her father was building things, the girl and her father were big animal lovers but Chaeyoung was more. Just because she loved animals didn't mean she went vegetarian, she loves animals but the girl wasn't about to sacrifice her favorite dishes. Selfish? Maybe, but to a certain extent.

Jisoo never said anything about the girls interest in animals, she just listened to Chaeyoung's rants about how animals should be treated and many other things. Jisoo was a very open minded person, but she couldn't tell Chaeyoung that she didn't care.

They both currently sat in science class besides each other as they were partners, Chaeyoung was finishing up her small speech about flamingos when their teacher came in. The classroom went silent as the man looked at all of them with a smile,

"Class, today we have a lab!" He smiled, "you're kits are in the box on each of your tables, do it and call me over so I can give you credit." He clapped his hands.

"Any questions?"

"Well then, get started."

"What is it?" Chaeyoung asked while Jisoo reached over to pull the box closer.

"No clue." Jisoo shrugged as she lifts up the lid.

They both peaked in seeing an eye looking right back at them, Chaeyoung screamed as Jisoo was putting on gloves. The brunette pulled out the bowl with the eye that made Chaeyoung squirm in her seat and grabbed the other things out of the box.

"a cow eye?" Jisoo questions as she looked at the paper, "we got a cows eye."

"Oh God." Chaeyoung couldn't stop staring at it.

"Stop making eye contact." Jisoo jokes but then regretted it as Chaeyoung slapped her arm.

"It would stop looking back at me." Chaeyoung gulped and looked over at the paper.

"Uh Chae?"

"Yeah?"

"We have to cut it open."

Dead silence fell upon them as Chaeyoung looked like the life was sucked out of her. Her eyes fell down to the eye that made her scared, she looked around the classroom seeing the other's holding the eyes.

"I can't." Chaeyoung says.

"I'll do it, you just have to hold it." Jisoo said looked up at her, "Chae?"

"I'm not doing that." Chaeyoung shakily says.

"Hey buddies!"

The two looked over seeing Lisa holding the cows eyes near her face, she leaned over and smiled.

"Like my third eye?" She jokes and laughed at her joke.

"Uh Lisa? Can you not?" Jisoo asked, "Chaeyoung doesn't feel comfortable."

"Uncomfortable? Chae, people eat eyes." Lisa lowered the eye away, "see?"

Like out of a horror movie, Lisa opened the eye like if it was a container. She lifts up the top half to reveal the inside of the eye, it was something that scares the living hell out of Chaeyoung. She immediately stood up and ran out the classroom causing their teacher to walk over,

"Is something wrong?" He asked the two.

"Chaeyoung doesn't like eyeballs." Lisa shrugged to him.

"No, she just doesn't feel comfortable with this lab." Jisoo tells him, "she's a big animal lover."

"Oh, well I'm sorry but you'll have to do this lab alone or Lisa could help you."

"Okay."

The cows eye was practically implanted into the poor girls head, just how the pupil looked- stared into her soul. Chaeyoung wasn't okay. It worried Jisoo when the girl came back silent, she tried to tell her about how Lisa helped but Chaeyoung didn't listen.

The poor girl just wanted this day to be over, Jisoo understood. The Kim made sure no eyeballs were in the girls view or opened, Chaeyoung rests her head against the table still smelling the weird pungent smell. Now all she could think about was a certain song, a song that she used to remember-

Eye Of The Tiger was now "Eye Of The Cow"

Chaeyoung groans trying to get it out of her head while Jisoo was making jokes with Lisa, stupid eye jokes. The day couldn't get any worse, so you'd think...

"Okay class, we'll be watching a demonstration of how the eyes are supposed to look like."

It got worse.

Chaeyoung closed her eyes and tried to block out the disgusting sounds it was making, she could hear her classmates gagging at the sight and would comment how gross it was to open it.

"It squirted!"

One of the boys jokes seeing how liquid came out of the eye, the classroom laughed except Chaeyoung and Jisoo. The Kim looked down at her friend and felt bad for her, Jisoo grabbed her wired headphones and connected them to her phone.

"Chae?" Jisoo tapped her hands causing the girl to open her eyes.

Jisoo took Chaeyoung's hands away and replaced them with the headphones, Chaeyoung watched as Jisoo looked down at her phone. Tapping away and clicking until a sound came out of it, Chaeyoung recognized that song anywhere.

It was Jisoo's favorite song.

The one that Chaeyoung knew word for word, Jisoo gave her a small smile before turning her attention towards the screen.