VIII

Please vote and comment, ily.

Oh
Be my once in a lifetime
Lying on your chest
I'm my party dress
I'm a fucking mess
Lana Del Rey - Love song

Wednesday 1st May 1991-

In order to soft launch a public friendship between Taylor and Eva, Tree organised for them to do a cover shoot and interview with Seventeen magazine.  It would be Eva's first ever cover and the girls were filled with nervous excitement about the chance to be together in public, even if it was as friends.

As per usual, Eva woke up first that morning. She prepared to have to wake Taylor up, as otherwise, the blonde would likely have slept the entire day away.

In order to put Taylor in as good of a mood as possible, she prepared some coffee and toast for Taylor and set it down on the bedside table, before leaning down to press a kiss on the blonde's forehead.

Eva thought Taylor looked like an angel as she slept. She seemed so pure, so divine, her golden locks and rosy cheeks as though she had been sculpted from Pygmalion's ivory. In Eva's mind, her beauty rivalled that of Aphrodite and Athena.

"Sweetheart? It's time to wake up. We have to get to the cover shoot." She tapped on Taylor's shoulder lightly, but the younger girl didn't stir.

Eva took a step back, ever surprised by how deep of a sleeper Taylor actually was. "Honey. You need to wake up. We have to leave in half an hour. I've made you breakfast."

When Taylor still didn't wake, she decided to pull out the big guns. Climbing on top of the smaller girl, Eva put one hand on either side of Taylor's head and licked from her jaw to her cheek.

"What... the fuck?" Taylor frowned, wiping her cheek and shoving Eva onto the floor without opening her eyes.

Eva fell off the bed with an unceremonious thud, and groaned slightly. "Babe, ouch. You can't attack me, I'm your fellow model."

Taylor grunted. "What? Bab- honey what's going on? What time is it?"

Eva giggled and went to kiss Taylor's lips. "It's 7:30, we need to be at the photo shoot in an hour. I'm sorry but you need to wake up." She softly stroked Taylor's bangs and passed her the warm black coffee, remembering how Taylor always liked to have it.

"Oh, alright I suppose that's okay then." Taylor conceded, nodding and sliding out of bed.

She plodded over to the ensuite like a baby bird, barely aware of her movements and mostly just charging towards her destination.

Once they had both gotten dressed and were on their way to the photo shoot, Eva relaxed a little, taking Taylor's hand in her own and giving it two squeezes. "Are you feeling alright?" She inquired, ever conscious of Taylor's well-being.

The blonde nodded affirmatively. "I'm just fine love." She squeezed twice back.

Greg, who had received an apology in the form of homemade cookies and a card after last month's debacle, glanced over at the two girls in the wing mirror, smiling. He too was grateful for Eva's presence in Taylor's life, aware that she had been quite lonely before meeting Eva.

Taylor had decided not to put in makeup since she knew there would be a makeup artist there that would just wipe off all of her existing makeup if she did.

The blonde looked out of the window, watching the city of New York as they passed. There were many people on their way to work, as she was, but unlike her, they weren't being chauffeured around to get styled and stand in front of a camera. She sometimes forgot how insane her position was, how lucky she was. While the interns walked across the street in well-pressed suits, to be worked to death in their law firms, she was off to be paid $3,000 to get pampered.