fourth-eight: where were you in the morning

"What?" Hailee says after a few moments of silence

"What?" Hailee says after a few moments of silence. A smile lingers on my lips as I shake my head.

"That was stupid," I gently say, unwrapping my arm from around the girl. Instantly I feel her move in the bed, turning towards me. I turn slightly onto my back and chuckle feeling the girl's hazel eyes on me.

"No it wasn't I just..." Hailee'a voice trails. I bite my lip and slowly turn my head towards her. There she instantly lets a smile spread wider as she reaches up her hand, cupping my cheek. Gently her thumb rubs back and forth on my cheek. Both of our eyes staring into one another's. "I don't think now is the best time for that Y/n. I love you and I fall in love with each and every day and yeah we were just on a break but doesn't mean I stopped loving you. I just... Marriage is something you're supposed to be sure of and right now for both of us, I don't think it's a good idea especially with how far we've come with our careers. You're just now starting your solo career."

"Like I said that was stupid to ask," I say back hearing what she was saying. Another chuckle escapes my lips. "Plus that's not how I would ever ask."

"Oh." Short, sweet response. I nod slowly and glance back and forth between her eyes, lifting my hand to her hand on my cheek. I gently squeeze her hand and rub my thumb back and forth on her hand.

"I love you," I whisper keeping my eyes locked on her. She smiles and leans her head forward. Our foreheads interlocking.

"I love you," she whispers back. "Always."

My eyes flutter open to the sound of my alarm going off. A low groggy moan escapes my lips as I reach over patting at the night stand but can't find my phone. I fully open my eyes and look around finding my phone on Hailee's pillow, where she was when we fell asleep.

Swiftly I reach over and turn off the alarm looking around the room. Hailee no where in sight. A loud sigh escapes my lips as I drop my head, burying my face into the pillow. Last night was good then I made a stupid comment. Why the hell did I ask her to marry me?

A low sigh escapes my lips as I roll over onto my back. I wonder where she went, I think to myself. I really hope I didn't scare her off. Well I mean I said "marry me". Now if I was in Hailee's shoes I might run off too. I wouldn't blame her. Saying "marry me" right after having shower sex and then getting back together after a traumatic event... My mind is royally screwed.

I run my hands over my face and sit up, tossing off the blanket. I slide out of the bed and swiftly change, brush my teeth, and all that morning routine stuff. When I finish I head out of the bedroom and see the little complex was silent. Hailee was no where in sight. A sad sigh escapes my lips as I nod and walk over to the living room. I sit down on the couch, or rather plop down and go to reach for the tv remote when I see my name written on a folded up piece of paper. I tilt my head and reach forward, picking it up. Hesitantly I open it up seeing a handwritten note.