twenty: more than

"Y/n Brooks," a voice spoke causing me to pick up my head

"Y/n Brooks," a voice spoke causing me to pick up my head. My eyes lock with an officer's as he motions for me to come forward. I stand up and glance to my right to the guy I've been sharing a cell with. He nods, tossing up his hand drunkenly. Apparently, he's in here every night until he can sober up. I nod at him and head over to the door as the officer opens it, stepping aside. "You're lucky. You're free to go. Stay out of trouble and don't punch people."

I nod, not saying anything as he shows me over to the front desk where my Aunt stands. I pause a second before nodding and walking over, a low sigh escaping my lips.

"Aunt May," I say causing the woman to glance at me. Our eyes lock and a look of confusion, disbelief but also disappointment spreads across her face and dwells in her eyes. I nod and she points to the door, turning on her heels and heading out.

"Damn," the front desk lady spoke. "You messed up."

I nod. "Yeah. Can I get my stuff?" I ask, turning my attention to her as she nods and turns around grabbing a plastic baggy of my stuff.

"Here ya go. Just sign here for me then you're good to go." I nod and grab the pen, swiftly signing my name. Afterwards I drop my pen and then grab my bag heading to the door. I push it open and feel a cool breeze hit my skin as I walk further out of the police station. My eyes roam around finding my Aunt standing at the end of the stairs. Another sigh escapes as I walk down the steps and get to her.

"Aunt May I'm sorry-"

"What the hell Y/n?" Aunt May asks, trying to keep her voice hushed, while glancing around. I nod and look down at the ground, dropping my head. "I told you I'd bail you out but what the hell are you doing?"

"I didn't mean to okay? I was just-" I pause, lifting my shoulders and dropping them.

"Just what Y/n? You can't be doing this. You have eyes on you. You're in the public eye. Stuff like this will get out and- Why would you go to that man's house?" Aunt May questions me as I shake my head.

"He hurt Hailee..."

I keep my head low, but slightly look up seeing a sad look now cross the woman's face. "Wasn't your fight Y/n. I understand-"

"No you don't understand. She came to me Aunt May. Hailee came to me crying and hurt. You can't expect me to sit by and watch that. I don't regret punching him," I say cutting her off as Aunt May tilts her head to the side. Silence fills the space between us briefly before she steps forward and grabs my shoulders. Her eyes shift back and forth between my eyes as her hands squeeze my shoulders.

"I love you Y/n. I really do and I know you. I know your heart is full of love and is trying to heal. But please don't go down a road you won't be able to get off of."

"Aunt May-"

"He's not pressing charges by the way. Hailee spoke to him."

"Hailee what? Why would she-"