thirteen : tears or the rain

The sound of rain sounds peaceful

The sound of rain sounds peaceful. It drowns out the small talk. The whispers and slight laughter from inside the house. I don't see how there's laughter when all I can feel is...pain. I lift the bottle in my hand to my lips, downing the rest of the beer before tossing it. I reach over to my right grabbing the whiskey bottle my uncle stashed here at Aunt May's. Always had backups. He loved his bourbon and his whiskey. I never understood why. But as I place the bottle to my lips and I down it, feeling it burn my throat on the way down I understood. I understood that it's going to help for now. Maybe not get rid of the problem but it feels good to feel something other than whatever the hell I'm feeling now.

I take another swig. It burning just as much as before. My eyes opening and closing, trying to focus on the sound of the rain. Peaceful. Quiet. I slowly place my empty hand on the ground beside me, pushing myself up. Which is immediately a bad idea as I sway back and forth, barely having a balance. I walk down the steps, almost falling but grabbing a hold of the railing as I walk down.

After one step down, I take a swig and continue it till I get to the bottom. At the bottom I can feel the heavy rain hit me. It pours down on me as I just stand there, looking out into the distance.

"Y/n?" A soft voice spoke behind me. I turn and raise a brow, closing my eyes then reopening seeing Hailee walk towards me, but swiftly shook my head, holding up my hand.

"No Hailee don't-" I say, but it hurt. I clench my jaw, closing my eyes after seeing her stop walking. "Just stay away. Okay? Just-"

"Y/n what's going on?" Hailee asks, hesitation and concern in her voice. But all I could feel were tears in my eyes as I raise the whiskey bottle up into the air, opening my eyes.

"He's dead and I can't numb that pain," I say through the tears. My head nodding as I speak. Continuously I bite my lip, nodding. My eyes look at Hailee then to the porch steps back to Hailee.

"Hey, come back up here, okay? Out of the rain so we can get you some water," Hailee said, gently. But I shook my head.

"I can't bring him back. I can't keep going through this Haiz I can't. I really, really can't," I say, feeling choked up. My thoughts spinning a million miles per second as I look at the girl. Confusion and worriness now smeared in her eyes.

"Y/n, you've had a lot to drink. I'm not sure what-"

"A lot to drink?" I question, looking around seeing the many of beer bottles I've tossed into the yard. "Oh..." I hadn't even realized how much I've consumed and I guess the whiskey isn't really helping my problems.

"Come on, Y/n. Let's get you sobered up. Come on," Hailee says, holding out her hand. I look at her and then to her hand back to her eyes. I tilt my head to the side, even more sadness but also guilt flooding over me as I shake my head.

"I can't," I whisper taking a step back. Hailee hesitantly drops her hand, tilting her head. "You have to stay away from me. You have too."

"Y/n-"