thirty-five: these in betweens

"Y/n, baby?" A voice spoke as a feel a hand shake me

"Y/n, baby?" A voice spoke as a feel a hand shake me. I feel myself waking up. A soft delicate kiss placed against the side of my head as a hand rubs against my arm. Slowly my eyes flutter open and I meet hazel eyes.

"Hailee," I whisper, a small smile inching onto my lips as I close my eyes.

"Hey, it's pretty late," Hailee gently says, rubbing up and down my arm gently. I nod slowly and open up my eyes meeting her's. I can feel my eyes burn as I glance back and forth between her eyes. I was tired and I know I hadn't been asleep that long.

"Yeah... What time is it?" I ask, squeezing my eyes shut as I sit up. I feel her arm gently slide off of mine. I get up and pull my knees up to my chest before moving them off of the couch. Hailee moves slightly to allow me to readjust once I am, I cup my hands together and look around.

"It's like 1 A.M. I tried calling you, you didn't answer," Hailee informs me and I look at my phone that's on the ground.

"Shit. Your meetings run late?" I ask and Hailee nods from what I can see out of the corner of my eye.

"Yeah. That's why I was trying to call to let you know. But then you just weren't answering afterwards. So, I assumed one you fell asleep and two, something bad happened," Hailee says and I chuckle lightly.

"Just fell asleep," I respond, glancing at the girl who was still fully dressed. I look her up and down before glancing away to all the sheets of papers I've been writing on. My eyes go wide as I reach forward and grab my laptop. "I have to play this track for you."

"Wha-" Hailee pauses as I pull up my the beats and start playing the track as I grab the lyrics. The beat, melodies starts playing.

"Yeah, I don't mean to make you wait
Just the pressure's been gettin' heavy
I know if I fuck us up, we'll be over, done, you'll forget me
Forget me, I'm feelin' bad that I act this way, 'cause you let me
They call me king, but I know my queen will be there to check me
Last year, was runnin' 'round 45th lookin' for SoHo
Last night, was ridin' down Rodeo lookin' for no ho
It's crazy what can change in a year, think that you know though
Go back and forth like a yo-yo, they live their life for the photos

They see me, I'm actin' solo, 'cause I'm afraid to commit
Now, can you tell me how I'm different than him, and him, and him?
Yeah, I know I'm always questionin' things, like, girl
Would you say that love cannot be found inside a vow or a ring?
She laughs and says, only material things
Those are material things, imagine buyin' all my trust with a ring
Imagine spendin' all my love on a fling, got a thing for you
If I had the talent you had, I probably would sing for you, like," I cut off abruptly as the melody slows and continues to play. I let it before pausing and slowly looking over to Hailee who's eyes were wide with amazement.

"You- I-"

"I know it's not what I normally do. It's more rap than singing but the idea just came to me and I made another one sort of like it but I think before I rap that part I did needs these lyrics here," I say, grabbing another piece of paper with lyrics on it. I hand it to Hailee. She reaches over and I watch her every move as her eyes scan the lyrics.