𝑃𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑢𝑔𝑒 | 𝐶𝑎𝑠𝑡

𝑂𝑚𝑛𝑖𝑠𝑐𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑡

She wasn't a woman of many words. Few had ever had the opportunity of hearing this woman's voice but her face was incomparable. No one knew if she was related to any of the members of the board, in fact, no one knew where she came from.

To the simple minded, she was nothing more than an average God-fearing woman amongst others like her. A new face seeking the word of their lord and savior.

To this specific blonde, she was an enigma.

The woman of no words could feel those honeyed eyes bore into the back of her head. She mentally rolled her own at the annoying feel of being targeted by yet another nosey stranger.

As the pastor concludes his sermon, the woman collects her black, quilted Chanel purse and sunglasses, sliding them onto her face before smoothing out her dress and standing.

The blonde follows with her eyes, watching the woman strut away. Her curious orbs fall to the curvy figure belonging the the quiet seductress.

She felt a harsh sting on her arm, causing her to hiss and rub the spot. "Momma! That hurt." She looked at her mother with wide eyes only to back down from the older woman's daring scowl.

"This is the house of God, Giselle. Act right before someone sees."

The young woman rolled her eyes the moment her mother had turned around, following her out. "We've been other this, Momma. The original bible doesn't mention homosexuality to be a sin, mainly because no one knew what it was and it didn't have a name. Instead, it said that pedophilia–"

"I know what the original bible says, Beyoncé!" Celestine grits, grabbing the incessant child's arm. "You need to understand others in this church aren't too fond of your way of life, babygirl. Now please, lower your voice before these people start asking me questions."

The blonde nodded, "sorry Ma."

"It's no problem, honey. You wanna visit that diner Nana keeps going on about?" She smiles softly at her daughter.

Beyoncé grinned, nodding even more.

She discreetly searched the parking lot for the woman from before, spotting her standing in the shade with the known church pervert. Nasir Jones.

His father is the board's treasurer, dealing in the church's finances since before his son was even born. Nasir abuses that title. His hobbies included harassing women who don't want him and slyly touching on them to feed into his fantasies and ego.

Beyoncé furrowed her brow, watching as he spoke to the woman but she never said anything back. He'd touched her arm, resulting in her flinching away and a frown to form on her plump lips. The blonde yearned to get a chance to slip away and as if the First Lady of the church had heard her prayer, Beyoncé's mother was pulled into a conversation and she was marching her way over.

The woman turned toward Beyoncé, her brow quirked up amusingly.

"Excuse me, miss. I don't mean to be a bother, but I'd like to ask you a few questions. See, I'm an intern for the local paper and–"

"I know you saw us over here talking." The boy interrupted. Beyoncé cut her eyes to him before turning back to the lady. She opened her mouth to speak but he interrupted again. "Look kid, I'm in the middle of something here. So if you wouldn't mind–"

"Nas!"

The older man glared at Beyoncé before following the voice that had called him. She took a deep breath and looked at the woman, smiling softly.