"Look, the lady is old, she's just trying to help," Amelai says again trying to defend the old woman's actions.

Leaving the room behind, I stormed out of the house and began walking briskly towards the side of the house where the parking lot was located. My thoughts were consumed by the absurdity of the situation when suddenly, someone stepped out from the shadows, causing me to stop in my tracks.

Dean stood before me, his tall frame blocking my path. He had an air of mystery about him, his piercing eyes fixed upon me. I couldn't help but feel a tinge of unease, as if he had been watching my every move.

"Going somewhere?" he asked, his voice laced with a subtle hint of curiosity.

I hesitated for a moment, taken aback by his sudden appearance and the intensity of his gaze. Gathering my composure, I replied, trying to sound unaffected.

"Just heading to the parking lot," I replied, a touch of defiance creeping into my voice. "I left something important in my car."

Ignoring the unease that gnawed at me, I mustered a polite smile and attempted to continue on my way. But the man's presence lingered, casting a shadow of doubt over my every step.

"Jesus," I muttered under my breath, realizing just how vast the parking area was.

"Yeah, we have quite a collection here. That's why Ms. Merlin wanted me to keep an eye on you," he explained nonchalantly.

Is he some kind of mind reader?

Pushing those unsettling thoughts aside, I continued my search for our car. Finally, I spotted it and hurriedly opened the trunk, relieved to find it slightly ajar. I climbed into the backseat and began gathering my belongings, making sure not to leave anything behind.

As I reached for my shoes and glanced toward the front seat, I noticed Dean standing nearby. His expression betrayed a mixture of surprise and concealed shock.

As I climbed out with my things I noticed he was still staring

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing," he said while averting his eyes. But then a question came into my head.

"Dean, have you seen my car keys anywhere? We can't seem to find them"

"Well, you could have dropped them when you first got here" he replies coldly and really smoothly.

Maybe, Amelia does have a habit of that.

We walked back into the house and I walked outside to go to the painting class again, but it seemed like the instructor didn't even spare a glance at me. It was really weird.

We walked back into the house, and I decided to explore other activities offered at the retreat. As I ventured through the halls, contemplating what else I could try, I bumped into Dean. He seemed surprised to see me.

"Oh, shouldn't you be in the painting class?" Dean asked, his brow furrowing.

"Nah, I feel like trying something different today," I replied, wanting to break away from the unusual atmosphere of the painting class.

"Well, we have a variety of options. How about..." Dean's words trailed off as Amelia suddenly appeared behind him, looking visibly worried.

"Have you seen my phone anywhere?" Amelia interjected, her voice filled with concern.

Dean's eyes flickered for a moment, a hint of hesitation crossing his face. He quickly regained his composure and flashed a smile at Amelia.

"Your phone? No, I haven't seen it. Maybe you misplaced it somewhere?" he suggested, his voice laced with false concern.

Amelia's brows furrowed in frustration as she searched her pockets and bag once again.

"I don't understand. I had it with me just a little while ago. It must be around here somewhere," she muttered, growing increasingly agitated.

I observed the exchange between Amelia and Dean, a nagging feeling tugging at the back of my mind. Something wasn't right. Dean's reaction seemed too rehearsed, too smooth. I couldn't shake off the suspicion that he knew more than he let on.

"Amelia, maybe we should check the painting class area again. It's possible you left it there," I suggested, my tone careful.

Dean's gaze lingered on Amelia for a moment before he spoke again. "I'll have the staff keep an eye out for it. Don't worry, it'll probably show up."

Amelia nodded gratefully, and Dean excused himself, promising to assist in the search for her missing phone. As he walked away, a sense of unease settled in the pit of my stomach. Something didn't feel right.