Chapter 24 (And she calls me moonlight too)

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry things never meant to be this way."

————————-

—Y/n POV—

Looking up at the roof of the hospital I began to wonder. Wonder what Ariana was doing. Wonder what she was thinking. Wonder how she was feeling. I felt like such a trashy girlfriend because I wasn't there to help her. And I wouldn't be able to know whether or not something was wrong.

Putting my hand on my head I felt the bandage that was placed on the back of my head. I was assaulted by some drunk pedo with a beer bottle. Thankfully the bottle broke on impact which lowered the severity of the assault. And I ended up with a concussion and a minor brain injury.

Though they did have to shave off a bit of my hair to get all the glass pieces out of my skull. I'd weather have a bald patch then be with a cracked skull.

Hearing my door open I turned my attention away from the roof and towards the door and in came my nurse. I think her name was Emilia or something I couldn't remember. "Y/n some people are here to see you." Coming in behind her brain, Scott, Frankie, and almost all the dancers pilled in.

"You good twinkle toes." I was hopped up on painkillers and I felt as if I couldn't even speak so I gave them a simple thumbs up. "I'll leave you all. Just please remember to keep your voice down so you don't disturb the other patients." All nodded their heads at the nurse she left us in the room.

My eyes searched around the group for the small Italian with a ponytail but I couldn't find her. So I mustered all the strength I could get and tried to form a coherent sentence. "Where is Ariana." They all looked at each other as if some terrible accident had happened.

Frankie cleared his throat. "Upon hearing what happened to you Ariana had a panic attack and passed out. She's at the hotel with Nona and Mom. So she should be alright." I felt a sour taste in my mouth and my head dropped. Tears began to flow down my cheeks but I hadn't noticed it until I put my hands on my face.

"Hey don't be sad it's not your fault." Mao pulled me into a hug. "Yeah, who would've thought you'd be attacked by some drunk racist homophobic pedophile." Brain added in and then got punched by Scott. I wanted to say something but I felt tired. I just wanted to sleep my life away but I knew I couldn't and I shouldn't. Ariana needed me and I needed to be strong for her. Cause if I'm not who will be strong for her?

So I sucked up my tears and forced a smile. Even though on the inside I just wanted to die.

An hour went by and the sun was setting everyone had left leaving me all alone in the room. Well except for Emilia she kept doing a bunch of tests on me to make sure I was stable. And I'd be good to check out tomorrow. That's when there was a knock on the door. Emilia went to go and open the door and that's when I saw her.

Ariana stepped into the room. Her hair was up in a messy bun and she wore one of my oversized hoodies with some Crocs. She had bags under her eyes and her eyes were red. I wonder how long she was crying.

When our eye's connected I could see the tears begin to swell up in her eyes. Opening my arms for her she walked towards my bed and sat down next to me and collapsed into my arms and began to sob. It seemed the nurse had picked up on the vibe and had left the two of us all alone.

"Hey, Ari." Rubbing her tears into my hospital shawl she sniffled. "Hey, Y/n/n." And for a few minutes, we just sat there holding each other lovingly. Happily wrapped up in each other's embrace.

Looking up from Ariana my eyes fell on the calendar and that's when I remembered what day it was "Wait Ariana what about your show." Looking up from chest Ari sniffled. "I reschedule it for tomorrow." Saying a silent ohh I went back to embracing the love of my life. That's when the doors opened and in came Emilia.

"So sorry to interrupt your time but.. visiting hours are over." Ariana seemed to stiffen in my arms and she gripped on tighter to me. "Hey, Ari I'm gonna be fine. We're gonna be fine. It's just one night and then I'll be back in your arms again." Leaning in close I peppered kisses on the top of Ari's head. Slowly she nodded her head and pulled away. "Promise me you'll sleep well okay." Ariana took my hands and smiled "I promise." Gently she kissed my cheek pulling away after a good three seconds and then wiped her tears. "Take care."

Ari let go of my hand I had to stop myself from reaching out to her and pulling her back. Saying her goodbyes to the nurse Ariana left me alone in the room and I felt calmer than I did before. The weight I had felt was still pushing down on my chest. But it wasn't as severe as it was before.

"Shall I guess that is your girlfriend?" Looking at the nurse I smiled "Lucky you. I wish I could date a famous pop star." Chuckling I looked out the window. How I wished I was closer so I could see Ariana leaving. So I could wave goodbye to the love of my life and see that beautiful smile of hers

"Yeah, I am lucky."

—————
This was my fastest-written chapter... Maybe it's because we're near the end.
—————-