Chapter 2: Pretty Girls

Campus Cleanliness club wasn't exactly (Y/N)'s favorite when it came to extracurriculars, but it was something that she had been roped into since her first year of college. Sasha and Mikasa's friend, Historia, had been the one who had roped her into it. (Y/N) hadn't even known Historia, yet the blonde girl had successfully managed to coerce (Y/N) into joining the club and helping keep campus a clean place.

"When are we going to be done?" Ymir, Historia's girlfriend, frowned as she stabbed a soda can with the trash pick she held. "We've been at this for hours."

"Relax, Ymir," Historia said gently. "We've only been here for twenty minutes. There's still a lot more trash for us to pick up."

(Y/N) smiled at their interaction as she continued to dump pieces of trash into her bag. How did the campus get so dirty after just one week of school? Did people not know what a trash can even was?

"We have to figure out a way to recruit more people," Historia sighed. "Sasha barely even shows up for meetings anymore and that just leaves the four of us. We'll never get anything done without more members."

"Sasha is still probably sleeping," Mikasa spoke from where she stood. "I tried getting her up this morning, but she wouldn't budge. I'll force her to come to our next ones."

The club had a total of five members. Honestly, it wasn't that big of a surprise. Why would college students want to willingly take time out of their schedules to pick up trash? (Y/N) glanced at the watch on her wrist, trying to calculate the number of hours she had left to finish her homework, search for internships, and still get at least five hours of sleep. She still had to figure out what she was going to do for grad school...she had absolutely no money to pay off another set of loans.

"Hey!"

All four of the girls paused their trash picking and turned to the direction of the voice. (Y/N) immediately recognized the newcomers as Pieck and Yelena—her two new lab mates.

"Hi!" Historia smiled, warmly.

"Is this the keeping campus clean club?" Pieck inquired, her gaze flitting over the different members before settling right on (Y/N).

"The Campus Cleanliness club," Historia corrected as she nodded. "But yes, I'm sure we're the club that you're looking for! By any chance are you looking to join us?"

(Y/N) and Mikasa exchanged a knowing glance. Once again, Historia was about to reign in new members with her persuasion power. Who could deny the charms of a pretty girl? (Y/N) hadn't been able to. And she doubted Pieck would as well.

"Yes!" To everyone's surprise, Pieck nodded enthusiastically. "We've been looking for clubs to join and heard you all are very active. Marley had something similar to this too, and we loved it. Right, Yelena?"

The tall blonde nodded curtly.

(Y/N) paused. Marley. Why did that sound so familiar? She turned to the two girls, studying them closely. A tall, intimidating blonde. A short, cute dark-haired girl. Transfer students from Marley. Her eyes widened. Sasha's words echoed in her mind, her teasing voice encouraging (Y/N) to ask them out. No way. Pieck and Yelena were the same girls that Sasha had been telling her about? She tuned out the rest of Pieck and Historia's conversation and pulled out her phone, feeling the sudden urge to text Sasha.

Y/N: You'd never guess who I saw today

Sasha: omg who

Y/N: The two girls you were talking about at the party? They're in my lab AND are joining the campus cleanliness club

Sasha: NO WAY! DID YOU GET THEIR NUMBERS DO YOU LIKE THEM ISN'T THE SHORT ONE CUTE

Y/N: Calm downnn, I just got their names. Yelena is the tall one and Pieck is the short one