Chapter 60: Sungmin's Birthday, Anniversary Cuisine, & Icy Comeback!

Start from the beginning

*****

-Tuesday, July 25, 2023~11:56AM-

~Pop's POV~

I heard footsteps echo throughout the stairwell so I quickly patted myself to make sure I looked okay. I heard the footsteps get closer and I watched as A.D came into frame. He grinned when he saw me and ran up the rest of the stairs and scooped me up into his arms.

"Hello beautiful." He grinned.

"Hello handsome." I grinned back before kissing him.

He pulled away when he realized we were kissing in a stairwell. "Why are we in here and not outside?"

"Because I wanted to show you myself." I told him.

He rolled his eyes but snickered. "For an anniversary, it seems more like a birthday. We're supposed to do stuff together, Pop, not surprise just one person."

"I told you I was doing something on the roof." I shrugged. "You not taking the liberty to see what it is was your fault."

He scoffed but his smile never faded. "Okay."

I giggled then grabbed his hand and grabbed the doorknob to the roof with the other. "Ready?"

He nodded and I grinned, opening the door to reveal the decorated roof, full of cute decorations like flowers and wall stickers, and in the middle looking out onto the city was a picnic blanket and I had already set out the dishes.

I looked at A.D who smiled while admiring my decorations. He then took in a whiff and it made his eyes grow wide.

"Do I smell-?" His words paused as he walked over to the picnic blanket. I followed him with excitement as his face lit up when he saw all the traditional Indonesian food.

I had different items set out as well as certain meals made, including Ikan Bakar, Gado, and Tempeh.

"You even have Tempeh?!" A.D exclaimed.

I giggled as I nodded. I loved how excited he was.

"Pop, did you make all this?!" He asked, grabbing my hand.

"Some of the other girls helped but yeah." I nodded.

"You are literally the best." He said, grabbing my other hand.

I giggled through my wide toothy smile. "Thank you."

I watched as he looked back at the food and his mouth watered.

"Let's eat." I said.

"Don't have to tell me twice!" He said, immediately sitting down.

I couldn't help but laugh at how much he enjoyed himself throughout the meal. He ate a little bit of everything and I could tell he was happy to have a taste of home.

After eating, he sat back and grabbed his backpack. "That was good."

"Good." I grinned. "That makes me happy to hear."

"It also makes it easier to give you your present." He said.

My eyes widened as I didn't expect an actual present. I watched as he pulled out two separate food containers.

"I heard you were going to be making lunch, so I decided to make dessert." He said.

He handed me the containers and I opened them, revealing two of my favorite Thai desserts: Luk Chup and Leum Kleun. I gasped when I saw them as it felt like home.

"I suddenly feel hungry again." I said, grabbing a fork.

A.D snickered as he watched me dig in. I took a bite of the Leum Kleun first but I suddenly stopped as the flavors didn't taste right. I slightly snickered.

"How is it?" A.D asked, teeth together.

I looked up at him, not sure what to say. I was hesitant with my words. "My mom makes them better."

A.D snickered but I continued to eat anyway.

"You don't have to eat them if you don't like them." He said.

I looked at him and smiled. "But I want to, you made them."

His cheeks grew red as he smiled. "And you are the best girlfriend ever."

"And you are the best boyfriend ever." I replied, leaning over the food to peck his lips. "Thank you oppa."

He nodded. "And thank you. Happy Anniversary Pop."

I smiled. "Happy Anniversary."

And we sat there while I continued to eat the desserts he made me. Although they weren't perfect, they were his so I enjoyed them. I was happy to have spent our anniversary that way and it made things special for our third anniversary.

*****

-Thursday, July 27, 2023~5:58PM-

~Vixen's POV~

We were all sitting around the gym, facing the projector that was set up for these special occasions. It was much bigger than the old one so we could all sit a little more spread out and still see well which was nice.

"The first music video release watching in our new gym and it's your's sis." My sister Christine said from one side of me, speaking in Chinese as she knew I preferred that.

I giggled but immediately grew nervous. "I hope it works okay."

"Is this your first?" Faye, who was on the opposite side of me, asked. The two of us became close as I was a fan of her during PINKSTAR after she performed a Chinese song for the Collaboration Mission.

"You mean like my debut?" I asked back. Faye nodded. "Yeah, it's all of our debut except for Evelyn and JC."

"Wow." Faye said. "Is it usually like that? Old members with new members?"

I shook my head. "No, sometimes the lineup is just all new members."

"Well, I hope that when it's my turn, I'm with members that have debuted before." Faye said. "I'm not the most confident in my skills."

"You're amazing." I told her. She looked at me and just smiled. That's when our moment broke by the gasps in the room. We both looked over to see the projector had turned on and our company site was on screen.

"It's already six?" I asked.

"6:01 actually." Christine said.

I looked at my phone to see she was right. James made a quick 'are you ready?' announcement and then we all watched the music video together. I was happy it was finally my turn, and I couldn't wait for what was coming next, even if it did make me nervous thinking about it.

~Authors Note~

Hey guys! I decided to make their comeback tomorrow (the 27th) instead of today (the 26th) because I realized their comeback last year was on the 25th lmao and I wanted it to be a couple more days apart so I hope you guys can understand. Also, for PopxA.D's anniversary, I have no idea about Indonesian food so I just looked up popular dishes while my best friend (Pop's creater) gave me ideas for the Thai food (as well as the whole scene lmao) anyway! I hope you guys enjoyed and I will see you soon. Biez!

P.S unedited.