Chapter 9

Vegas POV:-

We are on our way to Pete's island. Pete is so excited that he insisted on driving. So he is driving, I am in the passenger seat, and Nop and Macau are sitting in the backseat. Nop was hesitant at first but he didn't want to upset Pete so he obeyed. I guess Pete has made quite an image for himself as he tamed the devil of Thailand.

While sitting I can't stop thinking about what happened earlier today. I was very upset with Pete for ignoring me. It felt like I was too forgettable for him when more important things showed up and that worsened my anxiety that if his grandma doesn't approve of me, he might choose to leave me. I was spiraling again but then Pete saved me by reassuring me in the cutest way. I know it's exhausting to repeat the same things over and over again but the fear of losing everything I love doesn't go away so quickly.

In all this stress I didn't notice that Pete looks so hot today even though he is wearing simple clothes. And the way he is driving is sexy too. Why am I behaving like a teenager in love?

All throughout the journey, I kept staring at him, touching him, holding his hand, and flirting with him while he was talking nonstop about his island

*Few hours later.*

After a long journey, we reached his house. His house is on a hill that has a beautiful view of the sea. Since this seems like the best house in the neighborhood, I can see why Pete had barely any money to spend on himself when he worked for the major family. He sent almost all his earnings to his grandma to provide her with a comfortable life.

 He sent almost all his earnings to his grandma to provide her with a comfortable life

It is not huge but it is the coziest house I have ever seen. When Pete's grandma opened the door, she immediately hugged Pete. Both of them started crying. Grandma kissed Pete all over his face and commented on his lost weight. It reminded me of my mom. Pete looked back and held my hand.

"Yai, this is Vegas. My boyfriend." Pete introduced me proudly like a trophy. I knew Pete told Grandma about our relationship but being introduced to her like this feels overwhelming.

I greet her and she came close and hug me. Her hug is so warm. I feel like I am melting.

"Nice to finally meet you, son."