Chapter 8

*Month later*

Pete POV:-

Since that night in the bar, Vegas has been insatiable. The fact that he is gaining his strength is not doing my ass a favor. But I am happy he is recovering nicely. Macau is also doing better. He eats properly, tells us about his school, and laughs heartily. Minor family mansion finally feels like a home all of us desperately needed. We eat together, watch movies, play games and go out too. Vegas cooks for us too. I love the curry he makes.

Vegas is getting busier with work. Porsche still struggles with business deals. Some clients don't even want to meet him unless Vegas comes along. Vegas is doing his best to help out. We know major family is pushing work on him but he doesn't let Porsche slip out either. As he said he will make Porsche work for this position. I know that Porsche didn't want it and was forced to take the job. But Porsche working for late hours and stressing about work makes Khun Kinn anxious, so he reluctantly reduces the workload on the minor family which by extension reduces Vegas's workload as well. I feel sad that Porsche is stuck in cousin rivalry but if Khun Kinn can't give free time to Vegas for his family, then he should forget about his time with Porsche too. 

I stay busy recruiting and training the guards. I also make sure everything in the house runs smoothly. I like my life now but there is just one thing missing. My Grandma. I talk to her often on the phone but I miss her. I told her about resigning from my job and dating Vegas. She recognized him from the day he caught me. I had to tell her everything to clear her doubts. I didn't want her to hate Vegas, so I asked her to give him a chance. Vegas doesn't know about this because he freezes whenever he hears about her. He is too scared of her disapproving of our relationship.

This is why I hesitate to tell him I want to visit her on the island.

Vegas POV:-

Life is much better now. I still have to deal with my annoying cousins but Pete makes everything better. Macau is doing well too. I have never seen my brother so happy before. Pete adores him and he basks in all the love he gets from Pete. Sometimes I get jealous when Pete spends hours playing games with him and I have to fight for his attention. But Macau's hearty laughter makes it worth it.

We sit at the dining table and eat dinner together. I made spicy curry and rice for Pete and less spicy for me and Macau.

"Do you like the food, baby?"

"Yes, I love it Vegas," Pete replied looking at the food longingly and sighed.

Pete is sighing a lot these days. I noticed he looks sad sometimes and gets lost in his head. I wanted to wait for him to tell me on his own but I don't think it will happen anytime soon. I looked at Macau to ask if he knew something but he shook his head.

"Pete... Are you okay?"

"Yes... Why?" He looked up from his plate.

"Are you tired from work? Is the work too much? You should take more rest and leave work on Nop."

"I am fine Vegas."

"Then why do you sad these days."

"I am not sad Vegas. I miss my grandma. Can we visit her?"

I didn't expect that. I have been avoiding this topic but I didn't notice I was hurting Pete. I feel guilty for what I did in the past but I need to face it now. I will do everything to win her trust.

"Okay."

"REALLY?" Pete's face brightened and jumped from his seat. I nodded and he started jumping happily. He hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek. He is such a bunny. How can I deny him anything? He looks so happy.