Chapter 4

Pete POV:-

When Khun Kinn told Vegas that he can join work when he is healthy, he definitely didn't mean healthy enough to be able to have full meals, or able to walk more than the distance between bed and bathroom, or able to sit for long hours without getting tired. Because why would Porsche be here asking Vegas to help him prepare for a meeting when he is still in the hospital, being on meds, getting physiotherapy, and needing a lot of rest?

 Anyway, Porsche just showed up with Arm this morning asking for Vegas's help and Vegas has been explaining to him the workings of the minor family and how to negotiate with the client for hours now, but this just seems never-ending. I get that Porsche is very new to the mafia business that he knows nothing about. People don't see him as the head of minor family and give him a hard time. Arm told me even guards don't see him as their leader but why is Khun Kinn not helping him? I don't remember Khun Kinn ever appreciating Vegas's way of dealing before but now what clients don't want to deal with them unless Vegas is involved?

Don't get me wrong, I love Porsche a lot but I can't help feeling uneasy seeing Vegas and Porsche work together. I can't stop looking at them. Am I jealous?  Is it because Vegas showed interest in Porsche earlier? Porsche is handsome and very charming. He is totally Vegas's type. I know Vegas loves me but does he find me attractive? Ugh, I don't want to think about this anymore.

Thankfully Arm is here to help me divert my mind. I am seeing him after almost 2 months, so there is a lot to catch up on.

"How is everything back at the main family mansion?" I asked him

"It's better now. After the coup, everything was a mess. We needed to hire new staff, get new security systems, and replace all the damaged stuff. There is a lot of damage control required. But it's getting back on track."

 He continued "We miss you very much. Khun Nu does not say it but we can see he misses u too. He snaps at people when they don't do things the way u did."

"He is still upset with me though. He hasn't talked to me since I left."

"I guess he doesn't want to accept that u left him for his worst enemy/cousin. He thinks maybe one day u will see the error in ur decision and return to him. Honestly, none of us understood why u left?"

"I love him, Arm, and u don't have to understand more than that."

He didn't ask further which I am grateful for, because I didn't want to explain how my love story bloomed in a dark room in a safe house while being tied with chains. And I don't think anyone can understand, which is okay.

He then told me all the weird stuff Khun Nu makes them do, which made me laugh and it helped me get my mind off of Vegas and Porsche. He even told me that he will help me talk to Khun nu. We were so indulged in our conversation that I didn't notice two pair of eyes watching us.

Vegas POV:-

Porsche came to see me today. He needed help to prepare for a meeting. I didn't mind since this is my job now, but explaining things to him is like talking to a wall. He is too hotheaded and can't play with people's minds. To make a beneficial deal, apart from clever strategy and patience one needs to present the deal in a way that makes people agree to your terms. It's hard to learn all these so quickly.

We have been discussing this for a while now but I keep an eye on what's Pete doing. He is sitting with the glasses guy called Arm. They seem to be catching up but I notice Pete peeking at me with an unreadable expression. I don't like when I can't tell what he is thinking. 

I notice Arm trying to get Pete's attention and he succeeds because Pete stops looking my way. They start laughing and seem to be having a good time. I definitely don't like how Arm looks at Pete. I can see longing in his eyes. Does he like Pete?😠  Does Pete know about it?🥺 Did something happen between them? I have so many questions.

"We miss him." Porsche's words brought me out of my thoughts.

"What?"

"Everyone misses Pete a lot back at the compound. Especially me, Arm, Pol, and Tankhun. I guess this is why Arm insisted on coming with me today. He wanted to see Pete."

Porsche's words don't ease my worries. 

"Are they close? Arm and Pete?"

He looks at me with a smirk. "Are u jealous?" Asshole.

"....." He is getting on my nerves and I give him an angry look.

"hahaha. Okay. Don't kill me with your eyes. Yes, I guess they are close. They have been working together for Tankhun for years. They have been on missions together too and I heard they are a good team."

I have this ugly feeling that makes me want to puke. Pete looks so carefree around him as if he forgot I am here too. 

I clear my throat to get their attention. When Pete finally looks at me, he gives me one of those fake smiles that I hate. WTF. Is he hiding something from me? My heart breaks at that.  

"Are you guys done?" Pete asked me.

"Yes, I think we should leave now," Porsche replied.

Arm and Pete share a look, like having a secret conversation and they left.

I don't know how to ask Pete about Arm but I guess I just need to rip off the bandaid.

"Did you miss Arm too much?" I didn't want to sound so mean but I can't help it.

He looks at me confused and walks to sit on the chair next to my bed.

"What do u mean?"

" Are u guys close? You two seemed too busy in your own world." I said sarcastically.

I can see discomfort in his eyes but he quickly fixes it. Why are u still hiding your feelings from me Pete? It makes me really angry.

"Well, he is my close friend and it had been a while since I met him, so there was much to discuss."

"He likes you. He wants to steal u from me." I told him plainly.

He looks shocked and angry and said, "No, he doesn't. He is my friend. Not everyone who looks at me wants me Vegas. You don't even know him, so don't talk about him like that."

He is being so defensive about this.

"Did he pursue you in the past?" I asked sternly.

"You mean, How you pursued Porsche?" He looks up at me. 

WTF. Where did that come from? Does he think I like Porsche? I am speechless. His eyes look so dark and angry. I feel a shiver down my spine. 

He gets up abruptly and walks towards the door. My anxiety shoots up. Is he leaving me? NO!!! I can't let that happen. 

"Pete...I.." He cuts me off.

"It's fine. I don't want to talk about this. I am going to get some coffee." He looks at me with a blank expression and walks out.

FUCKK. I messed up again. _______________________________________________________________________________

This is it for chapter 4. Do you guys like the story so far?