Chapter One: My Story.

Comenzar desde el principio

I'm just flattering myself.

Just as I sat beside my mom on the couch, she pulled me into a tight hug and she said these words to me "I don't know if you will understand this at your age but don't trust any man. They are all the same. You'll think that they love you but they only want to use you and they'll abandon you when they get tired of you.....so never trust them. Stay away from them if possible" and I agreed to take her advice not knowing the real meaning. I knew that what she said must have had something to do with dad but I didn't bother to think about it further. I chose to believe that my dad really went for a business trip.

Days turned weeks, weeks turned months and months turned years, my dad was still on a business trip.

Whenever I asked my mom about my dad, she always got uncomfortable and of course, she would find the best way to change the topic, so I stopped asking her about it. She wouldn't even let me speak to him on phone and when I had the opportunity to steal my mom's phone for a second,I searched for my dad's contact but it was gone.

Their last argument must have been a really serious one that my mom even deleted his number.

I've always had the suspicion that my dad wouldn't be coming home but I chose not to be negative and just hoped for him to come back one day.

After I turned eleven, I stopped thinking and hoping for my dad to come home because at that point in my life, I knew he wouldn't come back so I just took my mind off the whole "he's gonna come back" stuff.

Anyway, a little break from the family drama. It's time to talk about how I met Amber and Michelle 'cause that's what started this story.

I had a friend, Olivia McCall. She was my only friend. I'm an introvert.

Forgot to mention that earlier.

We became friends when we were four. We found ourselves in the same school and class which helped us become as close as ever. Olivia meant a lot to me. We shared some things in common and we shared some secrets with each other. Whenever I thought about my dad leaving me stuff, she always cheered me up and I would once again forget the tragedy. Things were going so well between me and Olivia but not until the final year of middle school when the real tragedy befell Olivia. She lost her mom and dad in a car accident. Just like that, Olivia became an orphan and she was an only child just like me. I thought my case was the worst but just take a look at the poor kid who had just lost her parents.

After her parents' funeral, Olivia was asked by a relative, her father's sister precisely, to come and live with her in Florida which she agreed to out of no choice. On the day of her departure, we said our goodbyes and wished each other well. We also hoped to contact each other one day.

And that's how I parted ways with Olivia, my only friend, my best friend.

Death!! Do you have to be so brutal?

I thought to myself. The death of her parents had just separated us after we had looked forward to being inseparable, to being best friends till we grow old and die. That would be difficult with her moving to somewhere far, where we could never see each other else if I move there which I can't because I don't wanna go to Florida even if it is for something more......important.

First day of high school sucked.
There was no Olivia McCall.
Second day, well....sucked too.
Starting from the third day, I decided to pull myself together and focus on the real deal of school......studying. I was always the top of my every class, I'm still the one of the best in my college department. I enjoy studying a lot. Infact, I'm a nerd.

I was just sitting in the cafeteria, playing with my lunch when a beautiful tanned skin girl walked over to my table and sat down with a loner like me. I recognized her as one of the hottest girls in school.