7. ruined 2⛈️

The stage stops, and I feel like I am levitated-literally, I am three feet above the ground, perched on someone's shoulder. I recognize the cologne; it's a spicy, seductive cedar scent, the same one that Ved is wearing today. As all the lights gradually fade away, the moonlight takes over, casting a gentle glow all around us. Remorse seeped through Ved's words, with simmering anger, "I knew you were here with an agenda. I shouldn't have let you in."

I scoff in response, "If you think you can stop me, then that's your glorified illusion."

"Oh! I definitely can," he retorts, and I notice his eyes darken with anger.

A palpable heat exchange occurs between us as we both seethe with frustration. But Ved has the illusion that his brother Ram is the one who is suffering because I couldn't move on, so I have to tell him the fact of which he is oblivious.

"Do you want to know what else was inside that invitation card?" I ask, ready to spill the truth. His eyes roll in wonder. I recite the note to him as I have read it again and again for the last three days.

"Karma, you mentioned at Sana's wedding that moving on is the best revenge. Well, I'm marrying someone you know. That's my way of getting back at you. Show up on your knees and prove that you have moved on. Here's a little tip: if you want me back, you'll need to beg on your knees in front of everyone to stay with me, and maybe, just maybe, I'll consider it.
Ram <3"

[Photo img]

When I finish reciting, Ved scoffs and pulls my hair back, saying, "You think I am going to believe you?" I keep my gaze locked with his. "You think I made up the story to kiss my ex?" I ask while choking him, applying pressure to his throat. I push him back, gripping his neck harder. He stumbles and falls on his back, and I straddle over him.

"You want to show your power over me?" I ask. I release the pressure to let him speak, still holding his neck. He gasps, "You little butterfly, I will kill you." He rolls over me, pinning my arms on the grass. Only then does he notice my blood-soaked bandage. "Don't these hurt? Why don't you react?"

"This feels like nothing in front of the humiliation I have suffered," I quote. He remains silent, gazing lasciviously at me, and then he kisses me. My lips engage with his, and he seeks access for his tongue inside my mouth. I let him kiss me, overwhelmed with emotions. I am restless, and kissing Ved is a good distraction. He carries me in his arms and takes me inside the house.

We end up in Ved's room. I wonder what he is going to do with me. Maybe he'll lock me in his room so that I won't cause any further mishaps at the wedding. He takes me to the bathroom. His bathroom is the same size as my bedroom. The tub area has two pillars on both sides and three steps in rise. The tub is flushed to the wall, and there is a chandelier overhead. The walls are beige with warm-tone lights.

He turns on the bathtub tap. This setting indicates to me that he is going to kill me by drowning my face in water and suffocate me to death because he had already blackmailed me to kill. So, to protect myself, I run out of the bathroom. Ved chases me, grabs me from the back, and I suspiciously asks, "Do you want to kill me?"

He refuses, saying this water is for water therapy, claiming it will make me calm. I have more important things to do than being calm. I need to go back to the wedding venue, as I want to accomplish my plan and get rid of Ved. The water is almost full, and taking advantage of the situation, I push him into the bathtub and start to run down the bathtub steps.

My dupatta gets tangled on the doorknob, and without wasting time, I let it slip off my shoulder. There Ved manages to balance himself, preventing himself from falling into the tub, and in the process, his phone falls out of his pocket. He chases me, grabs my dupatta and ties it to my right hand and another to his. When he drags the dupatta, I get dragged along with it.