5. Don't Lose Hope ⛈️

Author's quick note;
Do like the story so far?? Vote ⭐ . I love you and respect your enthusiasm for my book. ⭐

♡⁠(⁠Ӧ⁠v⁠Ӧ⁠。⁠)

Glimpse of chapter:

-1-
❛I will make SEX TOY EDUCATION compulsory in schools.❜

-2-
❛A pleasure giving booth❜

-3-
❛Rules for fulfilling FANTASY❜

________________

Sana is gone. She's in London, not dead, but I miss her to the moon and back already! Her silly jokes, to which are so relatable, are just another reason for the nostalgia I feel. It's okay to miss a best friend, but to what extent? Here she goes!

[My phone buzzes]
"Hey, babe... I already miss you TOO," Sana says.
She knows exactly how I feel. Now you know why I miss her badly.
"All good, right?" Sana asks to know my current situation.

"I am just suffering from two breakups at a time. So I would say it's convenient," I say in a sarcastic statement while feeling optimistic.

Then I elaborate to her.

After Ved and I broke up, just 7 days after our split, cause we both realized we wanted different things from life. However, after that intimate encounter, I couldn't help but imagine a future with him. He was truly a gentleman, and as cliché as it may sound, finding a genuine gentleman can be quite rare. I seem to be irresistibly attracted to the good ones.

Yet, as with any good, there often comes some bad, and unfortunately, I've experienced my share of hardships.

After spending an hour venting and discussing everything with Sana, we finally bid each other goodbye, knowing we'll catch up soon. Sana listens and offers advice like a caring sister. As I tuck my phone into my skirt pocket, my eyes wander to the display of colorful toys.

It is tempting to enter a sex toy store, but being the good girl that I am, my self-image doesn't allow me to step inside such places, no matter how eager I am to explore that fantasy world. I resist taking that one step ahead.

As a young teenager comes out of the store, a bewitching scent of white flowers and ylang-ylang rushes out with her, enticing my olfactory senses. I can't help but brush my skin against the glass door of the store, sending my soul on a brief journey to experience an earthly heaven.

Deciding against entering, I pass the store and step into the next shop where all good girls are allowed to go - a shop that sells God figures and other holy items. Adjacent to it are rows of flower shops. At the end of the street stands a temple, a place where, like all good girls should everyday. But I have a little secret - I don't visit the temple every day.

I ascend the stairs, taking 21 steps to reach the foyer. As I cover the entire distance barefoot on a sunny day, morning 10am, I quickly realize it's a bad idea - the floor feels scorching hot, akin to a pan on a gas stove. Despite enduring this discomfort, I realize that an even bigger discomfort awaits me - the sight of Ved with his ex-girlfriend, Shavi.

I'm not certain if they are together or not, so I have to find out. I walk towards them and offer a greeting, but Ved seems somewhat uneasy in my presence.

"Shavi, it's been like two years since I last saw you. When did you come back from Manipur?" I inquire.

She explains that the situation in Manipur is somewhat war-like, so she's here until things settle down there. That's what people like Shavi do - they enjoy all the perks and swiftly dodge any inconvenience.