"If You Don't Woe Me By Now"

The night just after the terrible incident was nothing pleasant for Y/N. A moment ago he awoke from a nightmare, it may have seemed that his battle with the monster had ended at the Gates mansion, yet this was not the case. With sweat running down his body and his breathing quickened, his heart pounding like a hammer on a bell. The monster still had him in its grasp, even if it wasn't physical, it seemed just as real as when you were in the embrace of Morpheus, in a dream that ended the same way... His death, a helpless, pathetic, suffering death.

Looking at his phone screen. He watched as his phone screen showed two hours past midnight, And he knew that he was unlikely to fall asleep again, not when that creature was waiting for him there. What may have seemed necessary and needed peace of mind for Y/N did not last long. The pain, forgotten for a while, nonetheless, returned with doubled intensity. No matter how hard he tried, he was suffering badly. If he had to describe it, it was as if his stomach was being ripped open, a strong burning sensation sat on his middle part refusing to go away. No pain pills were able to help. The only thing he could do now was to hold out until morning.

Thanks to Wednesday he has an excuse to go to the doctor without any suspicion... Constantly in his thoughts sat one unpleasant idea.

"If Nina finds out about this she will want to take me away from here. Which makes it impossible for Mrs. Weems to find out it either, because she will inform her. No matter the pain I have to hide it, they can't find out." This school was something he had not experienced for most of the life he could remember.... Ever since he went to live with Nina in Romania, or rather when she and Shein rescued him. Nina took all the responsibility so that Y/N could not experience something as bad as he experienced exactly 6 years ago.

Despite the fact that he lived there for 6 years. He didn't go to any school, Nina taught him everything with her own hands. Also, he didn't have many people he could call acquaintances let alone friends. That's why it's so important to him, he didn't want to lose contact with his peers, and this is the first time he really feels like a teenager, going to school, talking about sports, having his first serious crush, and even arguing is something that makes him able to call himself a teenager.

Sometimes, looking out the window, he could see kids his age heading home or to the football field, hearing them saying how terrible or boring school is... He didn't know if that was really the case, but it annoyed him mainly because he couldn't experience it, and he really wanted to. Because most kids are curious about things they've never experienced. And he was no different.

"Why am I thinking about it so suddenly? Fuck, I'm about to puke," he thought when another wave of undesirable pain hit him. He clutched his stomach tightly as if to gain control over this very pain.

Chills ran through his entire body, but he was so damn hot, so warm that he had to quickly pull off his shirt because he could no longer stand the sensation of sweat running down his body. Y/N picked himself up, putting his feet on the floor, still settling further on the bed. He hid his head in his hands. "It's so good that my head doesn't hurt, that's what's still missing, to officially add this day as one of those totally fucked up ones."

"You won't fall asleep, will you?" His roommate's sudden voice boomed around the room, his voice was slightly hoarse, signifying that he had just woken up.

"Did I wake you up?" Y/N didn't even look in Xavier's direction, he didn't want him to have the opportunity to see him in such a condition, for Y/N it was like a disgrace. "Never show your suffering to your loved ones, be a rock for them to lean on." Shein's words resounded in his head. "That's what a man is. Cry and suffer in solitude." Y/N did not question Shein's words he had too much respect for him, like a student not questioning the words of his mentor, Y/N complied.