Rave'N

On the Outreach day

The arson statue immortalizing Joseph Crackstone was burned to the

ground by Wednesday Addams or rather her handyman Thing. Quite cleverly planned, even though it was Wednesday's plan, the final executor was different, but it did not escape the eyes of Principal Weems.

-X-

Sitting with an unconcerned expression in the Principal's office, Wednesday Addams was confident that she would get away with it. A nervous Headmistress stood before her, the visible anger on her face suggesting to Wednesday that this was not going to be a pleasant conversation.

"I may not have hard evidence, but I see you. You're a trouble magnet." Her judgmental voice made little impression on Wednesday.

"If trouble means standing up to lies, decades of discrimination, centuries of treating outcasts like second-class citizens or worse..." Wednesday stood up from her chair, facing the principal.

"What are you talking about?" Asked the headmistress, but was not too surprised by her statement, she knew exactly what Wednesday meant.

"Jericho. Why does this town even have an Outreach Day? Don't you know its real history with outcasts? The actual story of Joseph Crackstone?" Director Weems knew part of the answer to these questions.

"I do. To an extent..."

"Then why be complicit in its cover-up? Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it."

"That's where you and I differ." Stated Principal Weems. "Where you see doom, I see opportunity." She gestured with her hand. "Maybe this is a chance to rewrite the wrongs, to start a new chapter in the normie-outcast relations. Why do you think, we have two Normies in our school?"

"Nothing has changed since Crackstone. They still hate us." She said Wednesday firmly. The principal's smile began to fade. "Only now they sugarcoat it with platitudes and smiles. If you're unwilling to fight for truth-"

"You don't think I want the truth? Of course, I do. But the world isn't always black and white. There are shades of gray. I can comfortably add that Y/N or Ms. Thornhill don't hate you, or any of us." Principal Weems began to press Wednesday, her tone of voice rising.

"Maybe for you, and two examples don't change how rest is." Her stand had a lot of truth in it, and Wednesday was sure she wasn't wrong. "But it's either they write our story or we do. You can't have it both ways."

"You're exhausting," the Principal said.

"I know." One of Wednesday's strong suits is definitely being relentless, and pushing on until she puts her best foot forward. She wasn't about to take back her words.

"Goodnight, Miss Addams. But you should know... I don't tire easily." With that Wednesday knew she will be on her radar, she can't mess up.

"And one more thing, Miss Addams..." Wednesday halted in her stride and turned toward the principal waiting for her words. "I still want to ask you... What do you suggest? Should I fire Ms. Thornhill and throw out Y/N? Is this how we should start writing our story? After all, you can't have it both ways... Right?"

Wednesday stood... Pounded eyes slightly widened, lips lightly parted. She was still confident in her words, however, some hesitation was there. She hasn't felt this way in a long time, would it bother her? Would it bother her if it happened? She wouldn't be lying if she said she accepted the presence of two normies around her, but that doesn't mean she would miss them, not Ms. Thornhill. And not for... Y/N. That's what she told herself, but something deep inside her told her she wouldn't like it, however, she didn't trust it, it wouldn't be rational according to her, so she didn't listen to it.