Rave'N, and the Cave.

Eugene and Y/N were walking through the forest heading towards the cave. To the monster's potential hideout. Normally, in such a situation, they should be terrified of a potential encounter with a monster. On the outside, both boys seemed calm. They walked quietly through the forest, looking around and exchanging words every now and then. However, inside, they were both nervous. This is understandable due to the fact that they may encounter a deadly monster. However, Y/N with a slight smile even felt a sense of excitement.

Y/N was dressed all in black. He even wore glasses, especially for the occasion, he could notice that his eyesight had started to deteriorate more and more in recent days. He had always had vision problems, but he didn't wear glasses very often. He only used them when he was playing or reading. And he couldn't forget his hat. Which was becoming an integral part of him.

Eugene led the way, with Y/N beside him. with a flashlight in his hand, shining it in all possible directions. "Hey, Y/N?" Eugene asked.

Y/N looked at him for a moment, "What?" He returned his gaze to the front.

Eugene suddenly stopped, turning toward Y/N and starting to shine the flashlight into his eyes. Forcing him to close his eyes. "I would like-"

"Take that flashlight out of my eyes, Eugene."

Eugene chuckled. "Sorry. As I asked before, actually I didn't ask, but do you think we'll meet the creature?"

They set off again. Y/N gave it some thought. They had recently learned that the monster was probably a human who could transform into that monster. "Well... We're walking at night, through the woods with two flashlights, one that almost blinded me, there's complete silence all around us, we're probably the only source of light besides the moon, which could draw attention to us." At this point, Eugene would have preferred him to stop but yet he did not stop him in his discourse. "We

learned that he is a man who can turn into a monster. So..."

Eugene awaited Y/N's response, "So?"

"So... maybe he's sleeping." These words left Y/N's lips with such lightness that Eugene could not hide a smile. He suddenly felt somehow relaxed and calmer. Not changing the fact that terror still lurked deep within him.

"Thanks for coming with me," Eugene out of nowhere uttered. "With two of us, it's nicer."

Y/N shook his head, with a slight smile. "I wouldn't let you go there alone. No way in hell." Those words that left his mouth were surprisingly condescending to Eugen.

Eugene stopped in his tracks once again. "But why?" He asked wanting to know Y/N's reasons.

Y/N being a little farther away from him turned with confusion written on his face. "Why? What?"

"Why are you taking a risk? This monster, he can hurt us-" began to say Eugene panic-stricken.

"We'll be fine." Y/N tried to calm Eugene down. "Stop asking stupid questions Eugene. We are friends, that's enough for me to risk my life... And on the other hand, Wednesday would have shanked me if she found out that I let you go alone. Well she probably will anyway, after all, we disobeyed her." Eugene nodded his head, at Y/N's statement.

"Such a trivial reason?" thought Eugene. However, Y/N did not think so. For him, the lives of his loved ones are one of the most important things. Sometimes when it seemed to him that Nina was being attacked by someone he didn't even think about it just rushed to help her. Which ended for him... Not very well, let's say. Especially since Nina was a vampire, a strong vampire. He didn't know why, but for as long as he could remember he had always had such an impulse. To always be able to help loved ones in need.