Outreach Day

Outreach Day. Another event in my school life. I stood between Ajax and Xavier. Wearing my school uniform...I can't forget my hat. Good thing I can't wear it only at school. It was hung around my neck so that only the string to which it was attached was visible. The tension related to the Poe Cup was still in the air. I don't like to lose, however, I don't want it to significantly affect our friendship. Therefore, it is necessary to put it behind us, we lost and that's it. Next time it will work out. So in an attempt to break the first ice, I asked.

"Outreach day, right? Just how does it work? Are we going to go around and visit different schools?" That's how it worked at the school where Nina once studied. Maybe it's different in America.

Normal Pov

Ajax looked at Y/N, with a "You really don't know?" look.

Xavier shook his head. "Of course, he doesn't know. After all, he's not from around here. And let's be honest... Nevermore has different traditions than normal schools."

Ajax looked interested in Xavier's answer. "You're not from around here? From what state, then?" Y/N looked ahead. Seeing Enid standing in front of them, and answered. "I'm from Europe. I have lived in Romania since I was 10 years old. Before that, I don't remember." Xavier momentarily looked at Y/N without showing exaggerated curiosity but was curious nevertheless.

Ajax hearing Y/N's answer whistled in amazement. "Really? Very cool. I'd like to visit Europe too, I heard it's nice there." He didn't hide his excitement.

Y/N smiled. Hearing Ajax's passion. "It depends, not every country is beautiful, but there are definitely many that you would enjoy seeing." Xavier snickered, Y/N and Ajax looked at him. "What?" Y/N asked. Xavier sent them a smirk.

"Ajax until not long ago you thought Europe was a country, why the sudden interest?" Xavier asked mockingly.

Ajax showed him his tongue and Y/N imitated it. "I'm about to turn you to stone, And for your information, Bianca told me that Europe is a country."

Xavier rolled his eyes. "She said it ironically. She didn't expect you to take it seriously." Grumble left his mouth.

Ajax shrugged his shoulders without much concern. "How was I supposed to know, it's Bianca after all. Whether she was serious or not, it was hard to guess." Ajax was honest in his words, he didn't feel shame about it.

"I'm- I won't even bother to explain it to you." Xavier breathed a sigh in defeat

Ajax did look at him, his gaze was sincere. "How shameless can you be?" Xavier thought. A moment later, he looked back to see Wednesday's back turned on them. Returning his gaze, he saw Y/N's hat laying on his back. "You think Ms. Weems will not notice it?" He curiously asked.

Y/N shrugged his shoulders. "I don't care. After all, we're not gonna be in school for outreach day, right?" Xavier nodded. "Then I can wear it, Principal Weems, told me that I can't wear this in school, not outside."

"Wow, You found a crock in her words. Nice." Xavier praised. Ajax looked behind Y/N and touched the hat.

Y/N turned to the left looking at him sending him a questioning look. "What are you doing?" He asked confused, by Ajax's action.

Ajax was still engrossed in examining the cap. "A handmade straw hat. Quite a nice job."

"You can tell?" Xavier was slightly impressed by Ajax's analysis.

"Do you know this stuff?" Y/N asked after, smiling slightly. Ajax nodded.

"I'm quite familiar with hats, you know snakes on the head and so on. Who did this?" Ajax asked.