"Quid Pro Woe: First disagreements and scars."

"Wait, he's our driver?" Enid asked.

"Uber driver?" Tyler confoundedly followed. "I thought we were going on a date.

"I thought it was a girls' night out."

"There's been a change of plan," Wednesday explained. "There's one more thing missing." As she uttered this Y/N entered the car as if nothing had ever happened, sitting down next to Enid with a silly smile. "Here he is. We can proceed."

"Nice scarf Enid. Did you make it yourself?" Complimented Y/N.

"Exactly." Enid seemed pleased with Y/N's praise.

Tyler just shook his head resignedly. "I'm not even asking why you're here."

Y/N turned his gaze to the front of the car. "I expected a more private meeting too..." With slight reproach, Y/N said while looking in the mirror seeing Wednesday's blank stare staring back at him.

Immediately Tyler started the engine no one but Wednesday knew exactly where they were headed. There was a feeling in the car that everyone was expecting something more like a one-on-one meeting instead of a group trip.

-X-

"Seriously, do you want to go in there, this place is creepy AF?" Tentatively, Enid asked seeing where they were about to enter.

Y/N looked around feeling the dark aura that the place had, and the gate that added to the atmosphere of the place. "It gives you the chills," Y/N commented.

"Exactly." Enid agreed.

"I know," Wednesday said as excitement appeared on her face.

"Okay, this isn't what I signed for," Tyler said.

"Ditto."

Y/N shrugged his shoulders. "I feel a slight excitement." Y/N rubbed his hands together at the thought of breaking in. "I want to go in there."

Enid looked at him questioningly. "Really?!"

"Yes."

"I didn't want to celebrate my birthday by going to a dinner, or a surprise party," Wednesday explained, while She managed to open the padlock. "I want to do this."

"What about gifts?" Y/N asked seeing an opportunity.

"It depends."

"On what?

"Utility."

Resignation swept across Y/N's face, he clutched the box in his coat pocket. "Ring isn't very useful, right?"

"Then you should just say so. You didn't have to trick us." Tyler resonated.

Wednesday opened the gate. "If you want to go, you can. I'm going to check the garage."

No one turned back.

Entering the Gates property, one could sense the creepiness of the place. The night, unkempt shrubs and trees, no visible lights except the flashlights they wielded, and a faint haze gave that sense that this was a place you shouldn't enter.

After a short while, they reached the door. Wednesday tried to open it but to no avail.

"Let me try it." Tyler approached the door tugging on the handles with a lot of force, but that too was of no use. "This is pointless." he pointed out.

"Can I try?"

"If you fail, it's my turn," Y/N said to which no one objected, after all, they had to get there somehow.