VII

Lola Martinez

I woke up and looked around .. the side where King sleeps was empty, like it has been for the past few nights. I sighed before rushing to the bathroom and throwing my insides out .. it's been like this for about two days now and i wasn't feeling it at all.

I couldn't eat what i wanna eat, i've been moody and cranky, always tired and my hormones are off the wall. I laughed i sound like someone pregant.

I stopped in my tracks " Oh lord. " i mumbled. I rushed to my drawers and slid on some black yoga pants, black doc's, and threw on an oversized shirt .. right now i didn't care how i looked i just needed to get to the quickest pharmacy store asap.

I rushed into Walgreens and went to where they keep pregnancy test and so on .. i picked out 3 different brands and rushed to go pay. My mind was running a mile a minute and i didn't know what to think .. a child was a blessing but the situation that i'm in, i don't know if outsiders would be so happy for us .. and plus King is only 17 going on 18, me i'm 33 .. why would i wanna ruin King's future with a baby? A baby that we created together out of love, i loved him but was i ready to be a mother all over again .. the last time i popped a baby out of my vagina was 17 years ago.

I shivered at the the thought and continued home .. rushing inside i immediately went into the bathroom and placed them all down. I took a deep breath before taking them out of the boxes and reading th instructions.

" Piece of cake. " i mumbled to myself.

.
.
.
.

The timer on my phone went off and nervous wouldn't even be the word to describe how i'm feeling. I sighed and said a quick prayer before turning each one of them over.

Positive +

Positive +

Positive +

" Holy fucking cow. "

I blinked the tears away and picked up my phone to dial Ray's number .. he answered on the 3rd ring.

" Hello. " he said groggily.

" Rayan? " i said, my voice cracking.

I heard some shuffling. " Lola what's wrong? " he asked.

" Can you come over? " i cried.

" Yes I'll be there in 5 minutes. " he said.

I nodded my head and hung up. What was i gonna do? Knowing King he's gonna want this baby, he doesn't care what anyone has to say about are relationship and i love him even more for that. Me on the other hand i care what people think and i've been trying to get out of that for years but i can't. People are gonna think i'm the worst person in the world, I'm ina relationship with my son and on top of that were now having a child.

Soon i was hearing a knock on the door, i went to open it and just like i expected it was Rayan .. he looked like he was still half sleep, i didn't mean to wake him but i needed someone to talk to and he's my bestfriend so why not him.

" What's wrong babe? " he asked walking in.

I shook my head. " You might wanna sit. " i mumbled.

He patted the spot next to him. " Talk. "

I opened my mouth to speak but the tears just started to roll and i couldn't stop them.

" Oh babe stop crying. " he said, hugging me.

" I-Im su-such a ba-bad pers-person. " i cried.

" No your not Lola .. don't say things like that. Now calm down take a deep breath and tell me what happend? " he said.

I took a deep breath and wiped my face. I got up and went into the bathroom to get the pregnancy test .. when i came back he had this confused look on his face.

" Im pregnant. " i mumbled.

He shook his head. " Isn't that a good thing? " he asked confusedly.

I shrugged my shoulders again, more tears threatening to spill. " It is i guess .. just not who i'm having it by. " i whispered.

" Well who is it, i didn't know yo ass was over here slapping skin in the first place. " he said.

I cracked a small smile. " King. "

King Martinez

" So how'd you feel about what went down the other night? " Michael asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. " It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. "

He laughed. " I was thinking the same thing .. i was nervous as hell, but tonight i'm not so nervous. " he admitted.

I nodded my head agreeing. " We gotta be careful with a job like this. We have to agree that neither of us gon take a job without the other one present as well. Imagine one of us losing the other .. we been together basically all are lives and i'll be damned if one us die to this. " i said.

He exhaled the smoke from his mouth. " That's true shit bruh .. we like blood. But anyways guess who i saw in the grocery store the other day practically eye raping me. " he laughed.

" Who? " i smiled.

He laughed. " Rayan ass .. I spoke and said hello. He was staring at me in biting his lip in shit. I ain't gon front shit looked sexy as hell. " he smiled.

I smiled. " Y'all some fools, hey if you want Rayan i'm cool with it. " i laughed.

He smiled. " He lowky look like he crazy as hell. " he laughed.

I nodded my head. " Cus he is. " we laughed.

Lola Martinez

" As in your son King? " he asked.

I slowly nodded my head, nervous of what he would think.

He laughed. " Well damn that was obvious. " he said.

I looked at him confused. " What'd you mean? " i asked.

He rolled his eyes. " I'm your best friend and i have been for these last 20+ years .. I've seen the way you look at him, how you get all giddy when he comes in the room. The slick eye contact y'all be making. I don't have a problem with you in him together your still gonna be my bestfriend and he's still gonna be my nephew, I'm gonna look at you guys the same as i've always did. " he shrugged.

I smiled. " Thank you. I didn't know we were making it that obvious. "

" Oh please, i notice everything. Now about this baby situation .. your keeping it correct? "

I looked down. " I don't know. " i mumbled.

" What the hell you mean? Yes you are keeping it .. you and King better start getting ready, because in less than 8 months your both gonna be parents. " he said all motherly.

I shook my head laughing. He a mess.

Big Murda in the media .. 2 updates in one day. Didn't proofread. If your reading why not vote? Making me think this book is wack or summnn.