"Do you know when your father's service will be taking place?" Evelyn asks. Studying me with those inquisitive eyes of her.

"I do not." I shake my head. Ashamed of my answer.

"Have you at least spoken to your mother or your sister?"

"For what?" I give her a look that says to 'leave it alone'.

"To find out when they are laying your father to rest and where."

Speaking of laying things to rest, I wish she would lay this conversation to rest.

"No... I haven't."

The following look she gives me makes me grateful we've finally reached my flat. And after making her swear she won't leave, I run inside to grab my passport. Then we are off to the private airstrip that houses my family's private jet. A matte black jet with the King family crest in gold resting on the side of the plane. There, we fuel up and head for London.

***

I'm so exhausted from my altercation with Sam, that I practically sleep the entire flight. Awakening up three quarters of the way through it to find Alexander watching me sleep.

Pursing my brow together, I deadpan, "That's not creepy at all."

He laughs, making me wonder when I last heard his laugh.

"You're adorable when you sleep." He tells me.

I smile involuntarily. Hating how easily he can disarm me.

He hurt me.

And I refuse to be a fool twice.

Sensing my trepidation, he asks, "Can we talk about it?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Very well, then. Tell me how to fix this." He motions between us. "Tell me how to earn back your trust."

"Can we just not do this?" I sigh. "I agreed to go to London with you... I didn't agree to an interrogation of my feelings."

"Fair enough." He drops the subject to stare out the window.

His silence making me briefly regret my words. Not that I'll admit it to him.

We hit a patch of turbulence, and my pulse skyrockets. Absentmindedly, I grip Alexander's thigh, digging my nails in until the turbulence subsides, and we're back to smooth sailing.

With my heart rate descending back to its normal intervals, I release the death grip I have on his thigh. Only, the look in his eyes captures my attention before he quickly looks away. But there's no hiding the massive erection he's sporting.

And I almost hate to see it go to waste.

Almost.

Thankfully, he excuses himself to the restroom and returns without said erection purchasing real estate in his pants to sit across from me this time.

This is going to be a very long week.

Speaking of this week, "We need to discuss the sleeping arrangements and a few other things before we land." I tell him.

If he thinks this is some sort of romantic getaway, then he is sorely mistaken.

"Already taken care of." He says without looking up from his phone. "I had my caretakers prepare both the junior and master suite for our arrival. You can take your pick of whichever you like, and I'll take what's left."