Chapter Eighteen: Quidditch All Star

February 1995 - Hogwarts

I could barely eat breakfast the next morning. I was so nervous. Everyone in the great hall was shocked to see me in a quidditch uniform.

"If it helps," Jane said. "I think you look so sexy in your quidditch uniform, Grace."

"Thanks," I sighed.

"And I think you look so sexy in your quidditch uniform, Draco," said Blaise, obviously making fun of Jane and me, causing us to lose our minds.

"Wow, Blaise," I said.

"But it worked," he said. "You're relaxing a bit now." Draco held my hand under the table.

"You're going to do great," he said. "Don't worry about it. I've never seen anyone pick up quidditch so naturally. Except for maybe Harry."

"Yeah, and that's who we're playing today."

"But he's distracted," Jane said. "Triwizard tournament? There's no way he can focus on quidditch with everything that's going on." I sighed.

"I'm not worried about today," Draco said confidently. "You play like you did yesterday, and we've got this. Come on. Let's go." Draco took my hand and we walked out of the great hall.

"We kind of look like a power couple," I said when nobody else was around. "Just two hot quidditch players."

"Or one average-looking quidditch player and his secret girlfriend who's way out of his league," Draco said.

"I wouldn't say that," I said.

"Well, I did," Draco said, making me blush.

*

I could hear the cheering through the doors as every limb of my body felt as if it was about to go numb. The creaky doors swung open and we all mounted our brooms and flew out around the stadium. The crowd erupted in cheers (and boos.) I noticed Jane was losing her mind over in the Slytherin section. I decided to break out of formation, fly over her, and give her a high five from my broom. Everybody went wild for it.

"That's my best friend!" she yelled. "That's my best friend!" I knew she wanted me to hear her over everyone, and I did. I smiled as I flew back into formation and we gathered in the center. Madam Hooch tossed the quaffle in the air, and the game began. I noticed that the Gryffindor's beaters were the Weasley twins. And I had to take them out. But I figured if I had to do it, I needed to wait for a way to do it where they get as minimally injured as possible.

I was flying everywhere protecting my team. I didn't get a second of downtime thanks to Roberts being too scared to get anywhere near those wild bludgers. But we were still just barely losing. I had to take out the twins. But how could I do that to my classmates? I didn't want to hurt them. But I had the perfect opportunity. I could help Slytherin beat Gryffindor for the first time in years.

"What are you doing?" Draco shouted when he noticed I wasn't taking my opportunity. The Weasleys were goofing off near the Gryffindor section and there was a bludger flying right at Draco. I had to. I flew infront of Draco and hit that damn bludger as hard as I could right into the back of one of the Weasley's brooms. I heard gasps from the crowd, but the Slytherin section erupted with cheering. I felt awful watching Madam Pomfrey rush to the Weasley boy's side as he fell to the ground. But I was a quidditch hero for Slytherin.

"Hey," Draco said, pulling up beside me. "Don't worry about him. You hit his broom, not his face. I promise that he'll be alright. Not that it matters. Stupid Weasley. But don't let him affect the game." I nodded and jumped right back into the game.