Reeling back, her confusion quickly turns to shock and then anger.

The academy needs to give her a trophy for this award-winning innocent act she's putting on.

"I can't believe you would even ask me that." She promptly slaps me across the face. Glaring at me.

Even caught red-handed she continues to play innocent.

"You know what... it doesn't matter how you did it. I just want to point out that this is a prime example of why I don't trust you. And to think I almost considered giving you a second chance." I confess.

A stunned look on her face follows and her expression softens.

"Alex..."

I underestimated her ambition and her intentions, but I will never make that mistake again. And after handing her the results, I leave.

"What is happening?" She lets out a frustrated sigh.

As if she doesn't already know.

Storming out of her office, I put as much distance between us as possible. I don't want to be near her right now. Not with the mood I'm in because I might do something I'll regret.

***

I'm still reeling from my encounter with Alexander when Professor Rollins comes in to check on me.

"Is everything alright? Alexander seems a bit miffed." He asks.

"He thinks I'm trying to trap him somehow." I confide.

"He'll come around. You on the other hand... if you continue like this, you'll upset the baby, and that's the last thing you need."

Ignoring him, I pull out my phone to call Alexander. Only, he doesn't answer.

"What happened?" Professor Rollins asks me.

"I-I don't know." I sulk. "I need to find him."

"Absolutely not." He protests. "He's too angry."

"Which is all the more reason why I need to find him."

I can see the disapproval on Professor Rollins' face. And if I weren't carrying his child, I would let him be, but the longer his issues with me festers, the worse off our marriage will be. I explain as much to the professor who reluctantly lets me go after him.

There are only a few places he will go. And I find him at the first place I try.

Which is his family home.

"Good afternoon Ms. Graham." His butler greets me at the door. Letting me in.

But I'm in too much of a hurry to give him a proper greeting. Only, his family home is a maze, and there are more twists and turns than I remember. It takes me ten minutes to find Alexander who's venting to his parents in his father's study about me.

His parents' gaze shifts to me, and Alexander whips his head in my direction. His eyes narrowed and a dark look on his face.

"We need to talk." I tell him.

It's time we hash this out once and for all, because I can't keep going like this. Not if we're to make it three years in this marriage. And not if we're to have any hope of raising this baby together.

Curious, I ask him, "What are you accusing me of now?"

"Like you don't know."

"I don't." I let out a sigh of frustration. "If I did, I would know how to fix this. And I don't."