EVERY MAN'S FANTASY

Comincia dall'inizio

"The agreement was in place for a reason, and we should respect that." He speaks. Quickly shutting me down.

Shocked, I just stare at him in disbelief.

There's no way I can go back to the agreement now.

There's no way I can go back to feeling and meaning nothing to him.

"Is there a problem?" He asks.

Yes.

But my lips refuse to move.

"Evelyn, if you feel like you can't hold up your end of the bargain, then, maybe we should separate for a while. It would give us both some much needed clarity."

What?

"No." I shake my head. Swallowing the lump in my throat. "There's no problem."

Still, not one to let anyone see how much they've hurt me, I smile and pick up one of the agreements. Pretending to read it long enough to get my emotions in check.

"Now what?"

"Now, the sooner you can get pregnant, the sooner we can go our separate ways I guess. You've already fulfilled your obligation to my father's health. So, all that's left is for you to give me a son." He smiles. Gathering up all the contracts and shoving them back in his drawer.

"Right." I swallow hard.

The words 'the sooner we can go our separate ways' echoing in my head.

Part of me is hoping this is just some sick joke. My feelings for him aren't just going to go away and I am kicking myself for letting things get this far.

For not listening to my first mind and walking away from it all.

Walking away from him when I knew I was in way over my head.

Jackson may have thrown me for a loop, but Alexander... there's no coming back from him.

He has my heart.

Utterly and completely.

So, how did we end up here?

"That will be all, Evelyn. Tomorrow night I will have my driver pick you up around four in the afternoon. I have a business meeting to go to and I need to bring a date. Who better than my wife, right?" He winks at me.

But I don't like his tone.

"Right." I flash him a strained smile.

Not that he even notices.

"Great. Benji will see you back to your place, and I guess I'll see you then."

"I guess so."

I expect him to at least walk me back to the room, but he doesn't. Instead, he picks up his phone, dials someone else, and I become forgotten.

What the hell is going on?

Ten minutes pass and Benji walks me to the car waiting outside for me. Again, I wait for Alexander to see me off, but he doesn't show. And I'm dropped off at home twenty minutes later. Still trying to figure out what's wrong.

That's when I see my face, his father's face, and Alexander's face plastered all over the news. The details of his father's treatment on display for the world to see.

And now his cold demeanor towards me makes sense.

This information never should have been leaked.