Chapter Fifty-Eight: Lord of the Flies

Start from the beginning

"I said that's our table homie!" He yells, swiping the cards off the table and onto the floor, making Robby turn around quickly.
"You ain't deaf, just dumb as shit." The boy takes Angel by the back of his neck and slams him face first into the table. Robby stands quickly, abandoning his book.
"What are you looking at, newbie?"
"You okay, man?" Robby asks Angel who has gotten up from his spot with blood dripping out of his nose. He doesn't get a reply from the downtrodden boy before he's gone.

"Robby Keene. Phone call." Robby walks over to the phone on the wall, taking it from the hook.
"Hello?"
"Robby. Hi. I'm so glad I got you." But Robby doesn't bother to hear anything else, just hangs up the phone at the sound of Daniel's voice and goes quickly back to his neglected book.

-

"Cal I was hoping maybe you'd help me set up a fundraiser for Miguel? I saw him today and he said that some doctor from out of state is coming to help him but it's really expensive so I thought maybe we could lighten the load a bit?" Sam asks hopefully.
"Yeah, um what we're you thinking?"
"I don't know, bake sale would be too slow. Garage sale too."
"How many girls will be there?" Cal asks.
"Uh I don't know. I could ask Moon to get the cheer squad?"
"Car wash. Give me a minute and I'll head over, we can gather the troops so to speak."
"Thank you."

-

"Okay the cheerleading team is in. All of Miyagi-Do are in." Sam checks off.
"And I got the Penske automotive self service area commandeered." Cal says, hanging up the phone.
"Wow, how did you manage that?"
"Tears." Cal shrugs, making Sam laugh.
"Thank you... for all of this... hey, the doctor from out of state... do you..." Sam looks to her sister who shrugs.
"Least I could do. She's the best in her field. I've seen her work miracles."
"Thank you." Sam sighs, standing from her spot and hugging Cal tightly.
"You're welcome... I'd rather people not know if that's all right?"
"Of course. My lips are sealed." Sam reassures her with a smile.

"I really did miss you." She admits.
"I've missed you too." Cal smiles, "Now come on, we've got signs to make!"

-

"Great work everyone! Keep it up! We've got a line of cars around the block!" Cal says happily, holding a clipboard.
"Hey Stu. It's left circle, then right circle." Sam coaches, "You got it."
Cal walks over to Sam, hitting her hip with her own with a laugh.
"We are on par to do some serious numbers." Cal alerts.
"Really?" Sam asks excitedly.
"Really. We should thank Moon, scantily clad pretty girls get the money." Cal says shimmying in her bikini, making Sam laugh.
"Hey Moon!" Sam calls, walking over.
"Hey girls!"
"Thank you so much for bringing out the cheerleading team, they are definitely helping to attract customers." Cal smiles.
"But I thought you were a feminist?" Sam tacks on.
"Oh, I'm a sex-positive feminist. Our bodies are an expression." Moon goes back to the car she was helping wash leaving Cal and Sam to look at each other.
"I like it." Cal shrugs, making Sam chuckle, patting her sister on the back before going to coach more kids on the waxing method.

-

"Students from West Valley High are volunteering their time today washing cars to raise money for a worthy cause." The news lady says over the television.
"We've already raised over $1,000." Cal says, making Robby turn.
"Miyagi-Do is all about helping people." Sam tacks on.
"Wasn't it a Miyagi-Do student who put Miguel Diaz in the hospital?"
"That was a complete accident." Cal retorts.
"We just know Miguel needs our help." Cal nods along with Sam.
"We love you Miguel." Sam smiles. Robby watches as Cal agrees and feels a pang deep in his chest.
"Thank you Samantha and Calanthe. This car wash will be going on this evening until eight pm."