Chapter Twenty-Five: Karts & Karaoke

"Well don't you look adorable. Come on give me a spin!" Amanda smiles, making Cal turn around so she can get a full look of her outfit.
"Very nice! Where are you going dressed like this?"
"She has a date!" Sam smiles.
"A date huh? Didn't know you were dating!"
"It's new. It's a first date."

"Did I hear someone has a date?" Daniel questions rounding the corner.
"I'm going with Cal and not Sam." Daniel laughs looking between Cal's dressed up figure and his daughter's pajama clad one.
"Correct."
"Well when do we get to meet him? Or her!"
"It's a him Uncle Danny." Cal laughs.

"Well, when do we get to meet him?"
"Maybe once I've been on more than one date?"
"Cmon Daniel, let her go and spread her wings! Have fun!"
"Thanks Aunt Amanda." Cal smiles, hugging her.
"Be careful okay kiddo?" Daniel hugs her.
"I will be. Don't worry." Cal waves goodbye to the family who look to Sam as the door closes.

"Spill." Amanda looks at her daughter pointedly.
"I have been sworn to secrecy." Sam shrugs.
"Samantha LaRusso..."
"Fine! He's nice. We don't go to school with him. He treats her well. They text and call each other all the time."
"Just texting?"
"Dad, seriously?"
"I'm just asking!"
"I don't know! I think so? She would tell me if it's more."
"Okay. And he'll keep her safe?"
"Yes!" Sam laughs.

-

"Oh god Robby. You're trying to kill me!"
"It's was a go kart race not the Grand Prix!"
"Tell that to that to the 10 year old that thought it was bumper cars!" Cal laughs, rubbing her shoulder.
"Shit, did you actually get hurt?" Robby asks worriedly, holding her face in his hands.
"I'm fine. The seatbelt just did it's job." Cal laughs, shrugging down her jacket and pulling her top down a bit so it's on her shoulder, showcasing a nice red mark.

"Fuck flower, I didn't want you to get hurt." Robby sighs, touching the mark on her shoulder.
"I'm fine Robby, really. I had fun!" Cal assures him, taking his hand from her shoulder and putting it on her waist.
"You sure?"
"I'm sure."
"Think you're up for one more?"
"Depends on what it is."
"Come with me. No obnoxious ten year olds, I promise."

Cal let's him drive her car to wherever the next destination is. The sound of bass hits against the car like a tidal wave, making Cal look to him confusedly.
"We are not 21, no matter what your job application says!" Cal laughs.
"There's a smaller club attached to the larger one. It's a theme night tonight."
"Well are we dressed on theme? What is it? Dress like a high schooler night?"
"Not exactly. It's karaoke night. I remember you telling me you like to sing, that it's what you want to do when you leave school. Figure this is as good a time as any to build your cred!"
"That's really sweet Robby. But we still aren't 21."
"I know the bouncer. Used to uh... used to come with the boys so they could deal here."

"Robby..."
"I know. I'm not doing it anymore... I didn't really do it then either. I just... watched?"
"What did they deal?"
"You don't need to know that flower."
"Robby, I'm serious."
"Molly, LSD, weed, some cocaine I think?"
"Christ Robby, you're lucky you don't have a conviction!"
"I was definitely on my way there before you."

"Did you do anything?"
"I mean I smoke weed? I took molly a few times?"
"I don't care about the weed. I would smoke with my dad before he died. But the Molly? Yeah maybe don't do that again?" Cal laughs softly.
"Noted... did your dad actually smoke with you?"
"Yeah, he got the good stuff."
"That good kush." Robby laughs.
"Exactly!"

"So? What do you say? Karaoke? You'll probably be the best in there!"
"Since it's likely to be a bunch of drunk people, that may be accurate."
"So?"
"Let's do it!" Cal smiles, throwing open her door. Robby chuckles, getting out and locking the car. He grabs her hand and puts the keys in her purse, wrapping his arm around her after.

"Hey! Robby!" Robby smiles, waving at the bouncer.
"Hey man, how are you?" They shake hands, doing a bro hug at the end. Cal smiles at the two men, she loved watching Robby in his element.
"Good man, good. Hey where are Trey and Cruz?"
"Sorry not here today." Robby shrugs.
"Hey, no skin off my back. She looks like much better company."

"This is Cal. My uh..." Robby looks at her not wanting to overstep.
"I'm his girlfriend. Nice to meet you."
"You too Cal. I'm Michael. All right Robby you know the deal, you get one beer, and no dealing in public."
"Not gonna be doing that so don't worry."
"Hey! You on the straight and narrow?"
"Something like that."
"Good for you man. All right you two have fun." Michael smiles, letting them inside.

Cheap beer pervades their senses, along with some severely ear piercing singing of Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream".
"Well you can't be worse than that." Robby chuckles, finding them a spot at the bar.
"Hey man!"
"Hey! We got double Mike tonight!" Robby laughs.
"Just got lucky! Looks like you're extra lucky." Mike says, eying Cal.

"Hey watch it man, that's my girlfriend." Robby grins wildly at the end, still shocked that Cal put a label on it.
"I'm Cal."
"Damn boy, okay. Hey nice to meet you Cal. I'm Mike. What can I get you?"
"Uh just a sprite? I'm not much of a drinker."
"Coming right up! And you? Beer? Jack and coke?"
"Nah, I'll just have what she's having."
"Damn you must be a good influence kid! I like you already." Cal laughs, nodding.
"Like you too Mike." He gets started making their sodas, adding some cherries.

"All right. You gonna get up there Robby?"
"I am just an audience member. Cal is going to sing though."
"Oh really? All right kid, what's your song?"
"Um what can I sing?"
"Anything! If it's on YouTube we can get it."
"Hmm give me a second to think?"
"Course, got other customers to tend to."

"Well, what song are you thinking?"